Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Could use some help on installing philZ-cwm6

OP LiamFlannery

5th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Okay so I have a Samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. I have rooted the phone and I thought to have installed cwm (which came with the root)
but I still boot into stock recovery (even though Rom manager tell me I have cwm 5.x.x installed or something along those lines).
I know now that the kernel resets to stock recovery. So i am running 4.1.2 and my build number (found in 'about phone') is JZO54K.I9100XWLSW.
I have downloaded 'philZ-cwm6-XWLSW-XEU-5.06.1.zip' from his XDA thread, and was wondering is this the right one for me. And since I am already rooted and all that I was also wondering if installing this will clash with my root and mess up everything- thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.
6th May 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #2  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
You got the right one and are good to go.It won't "mess" anything,you'll basically get a stock kernel+cwm+root in a single flash.Good for starters if I may.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,995 posts
More
This is the exact method I used to root, and now I'm happily running my (probably) 30th different custom rom.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,586

2,300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't use ROM Manager on S2. Ever. It's a sure way to screw things up. For some reason it seems to end up corrupting recovery on S2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
Why are n00bs so attracted to Rom Manager ? It's **** on any device. Only lazy people use it on the devices it actually works properly on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Why are n00bs so attracted to Rom Manager ? It's **** on any device. Only lazy people use it on the devices it actually works properly on.

Your not very nice, to be fair how am I supposed to know that it breaks the recovery. Everyone has to start somewhere
6th May 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamFlannery

Your not very nice

There was nothing 'not nice' about what I said. Rom Manager is a POS. Lazy people use it. You weren't specifically mentioned in my post, you were lumped in with all the other n00bs. There's nothing special about you in that regard.

See ? That last sentence was somewhat 'not nice' *adds you to my ignore list*
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Thumbs up
okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies, also I was just wondering whats the difference between XWLSW-OXX and the one I am going to use which is XWLSW-XEU? just out of curiosity -thanks
6th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #9  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamFlannery

okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies, also I was just wondering whats the difference between XWLSW-OXX and the one I am going to use which is XWLSW-XEU? just out of curiosity -thanks

Philz's kernel OP has answers to all your questions.
7th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #10  
Flag east
Thanks Meter: 3,164

5,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
We should all do this on playstore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399483282040.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2730906  

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewwright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread