Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some assistance, I need to restore my GT-I9100 to stock via Odin

Tip us?

N04Hz Ark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Need some assistance, I need to restore my GT-I9100 to stock via Odin

I was trying to install SlimKat on it and I received a Status 7 error. So I searched for Status 7 error CWM and results came up with that I needed to update CMW. I tried doing that, and something went wrong. It's now got a warning saying to restore in Kies. I tried doing that too. But, since this is an Australian model (Vodafone), I was unable to in Kies.

Is there anyway possible to restore to stock Android (whatever version) via Odin? With like PHONE, PDA, etc. sections?

Please help because I'm not very good with Android phones.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
You missed the stickied thread near the top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'. Get stock rom for country/carrier from Samfirmware, flash it using instructions in that thread. Problems with Odin/getting the flash done ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need in order to get a successful flash.

Edit - The stock roms @ Samfirmware are one part, you don't need a rom that has the components split into separate files.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Khurram Tareen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up s2 i9100 xxki3 blank imei and baseband

i am having problem getting back my imei and basband . i m new here and i learn lot of things from this forum.. its realy very helpful.. but i still didn't get what i am looking for i folowed all procedure i got from the forum and still blank imei .. need help thanks in advance
\

N04Hz Ark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
You missed the stickied thread near the top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'. Get stock rom for country/carrier from Samfirmware, flash it using instructions in that thread. Problems with Odin/getting the flash done ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need in order to get a successful flash.

Edit - The stock roms @ Samfirmware are one part, you don't need a rom that has the components split into separate files.
Thanks for your help.
I worked out how to do it (before reading your comment) and I used Odin to "apply" CWM and I created a backup of the system files and everything, on my SD Card, so I restored back to that.

Important note: Always back up!

Thank you!