21st May 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hod Hasharon
Thanks Meter: 180

551 posts
SOLVED! See 2nd Post

Hi,

Galaxy S II 16GB 2.5 Years old.

I friend came to me with a problem : Waze can't start because it complains no access to sdcard (internal, no external present)

A bit fiddling and I see /storage/sdcard0 is mounted as RO!
I remount as RW, and I can now start waze, but as soon as I use the phone further, the mount reverts to RO.

I try to format it via recovery (philz) but it fails deleted odd named files in DCIM/Camera/cache.

So I try to delete the files myself but it fails.

Next up, I mount usb storage in recovery, and run windows Checkdisk, it finishes while fixing some stuff, the format still doesn't work.

Eventually using Minitool I am able to format it. BUT, now, when I boot android, it says the internal storage is damange, and attempt to format it via Android fails always.

Still, when I boot into philz, and mount usb storage, i can browse it via my W7 PC, copy and delete files freely. So I guess something is not mounted or formatted correctly. I decide to reinstall stock rom with Odin + repartition.

So I take pit file from a thread that aims to increase /data at the expense of internal storage, and I find the stock pit there and use it.

Rom flashes fully, but sdcard still not working.

What I want to do is :
Boot into Recovery and use Android commands to properly mount/map this so the phone recognizes it.

I have linux knowledge, I know how to get around a linux shell and use VI and permissions etc. I also messed sometimes with fstab on a pc to set up mount points, so I am not a complete stranger. I am rooted and need help

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by eitama; 21st May 2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Solved.
21st May 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hod Hasharon
Thanks Meter: 180

551 posts
So, I searched the net for quite a few hours, and found this post :

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...5&p=-1&#bottom

Which solved my problem
I registered on that forum to thank the dude!

This command solve my problem :
newfs_msdos /dev/block/vold/259:3

I knew it will work the moment I saw the 259:3 which I saw in logcat that android cannot format.
The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Thumbs up
Good work finding a fix yourself Hopefully other people in the same situation will find it useful
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread