5,597,937 Members 38,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help a noob please

Tip us?
 
mikeyboy82
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Help a noob please

i have a galaxy s2 i9100. it was on 3 netwk but i bought it unlocked. it wa allfin till a few weks ago t was running low on memory even tho i had 10gb available. So mate offered to root it for me. Problem is,i hate it. or the softare he put on it.thecamera is c**p,everythin aout it i hate.
I would like it puting bak to factory standard. I have ReVolt superuser on it.

I have intalled Kiess but i cnt get my phone to connect.. can anyone tell me what to do.

help aprecaited.
Thanks
 
MistahBungle
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3024
Posts: 6,704
Join Date: Nov 2011
Stock rom from Samfirmware, flash with Odin following instructions in thread titled ' Flash Stock firmware/ROM' stickied near top of Q&A.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
 
immortalneo
Old
#3  
immortalneo's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1560
Posts: 4,430
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Malappuram, Kerala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboy82 View Post
i have a galaxy s2 i9100. it was on 3 netwk but i bought it unlocked. it wa allfin till a few weks ago t was running low on memory even tho i had 10gb available. So mate offered to root it for me. Problem is,i hate it. or the softare he put on it.thecamera is c**p,everythin aout it i hate.
I would like it puting bak to factory standard. I have ReVolt superuser on it.

I have intalled Kiess but i cnt get my phone to connect.. can anyone tell me what to do.

help aprecaited.
Thanks
It seems you have a custom ROM (Revolt JB) on your device. That ROM is not based on Samsung's ROMs (hence the crappy camera issue for you). So Kies is useless too.

To get back your old ROM, simply download the appropriate stock firmware for your device from www.samsung-updates.com or www.androidfirmwares.net, extract it and flash via Odin. Don't know how to do that? Check out the stickied guides here on XDA.

P.S. Being a newbie is not an excuse for not searching or reading. So stop being one and start learning.
Good luck! And feel free to ask questions if you get confused.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Stock rom from Samfirmware, flash with Odin following instructions in thread titled ' Flash Stock firmware/ROM' stickied near top of Q&A.
Oops.. guess your reply came as I was typing mine, so I didn't see it.

 





Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mikeyboy82
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
that explains the crappy camera then and my connection problem too lol ive come frm iphone to this and ws enjoying it and gettting to grips with it,i loved the 8mp camera for starter and also the screen size compared to the iphone..

what is odin and what do you mean by flash it? it ws on 4.2.2 btw all upto date.
 
mikeyboy82
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
right guys,i have managed to download odin and also a uk 4.1.2 jellybean. upon entering download mode when connected i cant get the first diag box to turn yellow. Its blue. it does say 'added' at the bottom left box tho. driver install get installed and ready top use. a mate got it to turn yellow but seems its not working for me.

now where do i go from here?
Thanks
 
mikeyboy82
Old
(Last edited by mikeyboy82; 25th December 2013 at 06:16 PM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
YAY i done it..go me loOl its unlocked too straight to giffgaff and also 3 didnt show up on start up. which is a good thing if i decide to sell it some time in future. i dont suppose there is a way of getting rid of all the jargon samsung apps that come with it is there?

OH i first joined up android forum and all i got was alod of jargon. people jumping in on my subject taking the topic off topic,4 pages later. i told them what i wanted to do but didnt succeed.

I got straight to the point on here within 1 /2 respones so thanks for that
 
immortalneo
Old
#7  
immortalneo's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1560
Posts: 4,430
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Malappuram, Kerala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboy82 View Post
right guys,i have managed to download odin and also a uk 4.1.2 jellybean. upon entering download mode when connected i cant get the first diag box to turn yellow. Its blue. it does say 'added' at the bottom left box tho. driver install get installed and ready top use. a mate got it to turn yellow but seems its not working for me.

now where do i go from here?
Thanks
Don't worry mate. Odin v3.x shows blue colour, while Odin v1.xx shows yellow colour. Which version did you use?

Good to see you're reading stuff and finding answers on your own.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboy82 View Post
YAY i done it..go me loOl its unlocked too straight to giffgaff and also 3 didnt show up on start up. which is a good thing if i decide to sell it some time in future. i dont suppose there is a way of getting rid of all the jargon samsung apps that come with it is there?
Wow.. that was fast!
You can root it to remove bloatware mate.

 





Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.
 
mikeyboy82
Old
(Last edited by mikeyboy82; 25th December 2013 at 07:05 PM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
yeah i googled the blue screen.

I thought thats what my mate was originally was doing. root/in it,he said it'd get rid of l bloatware on it and my battery and stuff will last and run quicker.
I was reading up on bloatware but i havnt got a sd card to do. Ive only had the phone few month and 16gb is fine for me so not bought one.

Slight problem tho. it wont rotate to normal screen. it will rotate 90 to the side,then to the otherside but it wont go back upright. Never had that problem last time :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...