XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Phone bricked after helroz unlock s app

Tip us?

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] HELP! Phone bricked after helroz unlock s app

I was just preparing for leaving on holiday so I said I should unlock my phone. Rooted my phone, installed galaxy s2 unlock tool- didn;t get a code
then tried galaxy s unlock app from helroz and after step 2, restart and my phone had a no signal sign, tried to put it on plane mode and it is stuck now like that.
Opened galaxy sII repair tool but it doesn't work... What do I do wrong? Should I wipe the phone, install the galaxy sII repair tool? I have two folders now with efs files...one is from unlock app and one from the repair one. Please tell me what to do. I am desperate

TheStigx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
You could jsut reflash original samsung rom, and use the app(I think chainfire made it) that will unlock you'r sg2 for free, or charge I don't remember.

Ashan85
Old
(Last edited by Ashan85; 18th June 2012 at 12:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
thanks! So any original uk samsung rom and after that install that app?
I am so stupid for trying my luck with this...even in description helroz said clear that it's risky

valentinrascu
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Save quickly your efs!!!!!!! Is your phone this!!!without this is ipod!!!!no phone or imei code!!!!!!

Inviato dal mio Transformer Prime TF201 con Tapatalk 2

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oooh my..actually I used that app in the first place...and it didn't work...then second option was this, and like chainfire said...more risky :/ oh my...

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinrascu View Post
Save quickly your efs!!!!!!! Is your phone this!!!without this is ipod!!!!no phone or imei code!!!!!!

Inviato dal mio Transformer Prime TF201 con Tapatalk 2
where? I saved it several times with those 2 apps...I don't know what are they...the first app told me to save the efs as a backup in the unlock sgs2 folder. Second app as well... God knows what effs I have there...the original or the one with problems...take my words with a grain of salt, I really don't know nothing about this...please..should I copy those files somewhere in my computer?

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
screenshots here with what efs files on my phone.. so what do I do now?

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok it looks like I have a clean backup of the efs folder. I took a look and I find the 17 june date at some files
So I am missing the .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5 and nv_data.bin.md5 but it looks like I have them in the backup that the app did it. So far only these files are missing... Should I make a full restore or only those files? And should I do it with root explorer copy paste?

Ashan85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Allright friends...that was hell of a scare. I deleted everything from efs folder after downloading a root explorer. Obviously I couldn't delete the folder itself nor rename it, so I had to paste the good files carefully.
All set now back in business, lesson learned, now I have the folder in my computer.
I wonder where did I do wrong, and why none of the method of unlock didn't work...neither chainfire or helroz.

graemeg
Old
Thanks Meter 56
the problem was you messed with 2 different tools.

All you need is the helroz unlock app, be running ics, follow the instructions, backup ya efs, and unlock.

IF YOU change ya mind and need to restore it, do it through the unlock app, NOT through the repair tool he made, yes, it does a similar thing, but if youd used the unlock app to restore efs you wouldnt or shouldnt have had any issues, your the first person i know to come unstuck with it.

be VERY CAREFUL with chains unlock app, it quite often wont work or gives ya the wrong code, which then ends up freezing ya phone, prob best to avoid that all together and take it to an unlock shop.
Galaxy S3
Other various crappy phones

Tags
brick, galaxy s2, helroz, no network, unlock