XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help here please...

Tip us?

jh3ss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default help here please...

I really dont want to mess my phone, specially efs, i just want to root it... Can someone tel me how to root this asap pls... Can i back up my efs even if not rooted.. Pls help methanks..

What exact cfroot to flash..
Im kinda confused on every thread i red.
Search a lot now so now i need some help..

PDA: I9100JPKH1
PHONE:I9100XXKG5
CSC: I9100OJPKH1
BUILD INFO: FRI AUG 5 13:34:05 KST 2011
ANDROID 2.3.3
KERNEL VERSION 2.6.35.7-I9100JPKH1-CL453266ROOT@DELL140 #2

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
You need to keep reading threads until you're not confused. 'How do I root the phone' has been asked/answered here thousands of times over the past 2.5 yrs, I'm not seeing any particularly good reason why anyone should regurgitate this stuff specifically for you (chances are you'll bork your phone if someone just blurts out a bunch of steps you don't understand).

Much better for you/your phone if you take your time, learn, then do. I've seen hundreds of people exactly like you break their phones (many requiring an expensive service centre trip) who haven't heeded this advice.

P.S - Use descriptive thread titles, 'Help here please' isn't going to get your thread a lot of views given how few people read I9100 Q&A these days.

Edit - No, you can't backup your EFS without root, which is by design. Can you imagine how many people would mess around with system files & bork their phones if this was possible ?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

jh3ss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Alright, i get it... I was just asking if... I alrady search and search and still confused, sorry if i bother you with that stupid question,.. All i want is to be sure of what to flash, its just that i had rooted lot of phones and tablet and this one gives me headache.. Thanks anyway wont ask anymore..