help me please

OP Galaxy pop Plus

2nd June 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

123 posts
hi guys i bought an samsung galaxy s II I9100 not new but still in a good status and he is runing very good when i bought it he had the an stock android 4.0.4 informations in attachement when i want to update to the 4.1.2 version he says that this is the last update for the phone so i downlaoded an 4.1.2 firmware from samfirmware i update via odin without problems but when i verify the IMEI isn't the same at the back of the phone and another thing on the back of the phone there is NFC under the camera but can't find't in options
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-26-13-37-18.png
Views:	25
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	2777133  
3rd June 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
No Help
3rd June 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
1) I9100 = no NFC. If that phone has NFC capabilities, it's not an I9100. It will more than likely be an I9100P.

2) If the IMEI (in phone settings) has changed to '0049...' (Do not post your actual IMEI here), you might be in a bit of trouble. If the phone is an I9100P, download I9100P firmware from Samfirmware & flash that; hopefully the IMEI will come back. If the IMEI doesn't return, flash another firmware, and another and so on.

If it is an I9100 & you're merely confused about the NFC thing, download a bunch of I9100 firmwares & flash.

If after flashing a bunch of firmwares you still have the generic IMEI, try one/more of the many 'guides' on here which claim to be able to recover your IMEI without an EFS backup (no idea if any of them work or not).

If you still can't get your IMEI back, take it to a local mobile repair shop; many have equipment which can write the IMEI back to the device fairly cheaply.

Edit - Use a descriptive thread title in future - 'Help me please' is more than likely the reason you've been sitting for 18 hrs waiting for help, many people won't even look at your thread without a title which gives some idea of whatever problem you're facing/question you have.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

1) I9100 = no NFC. If that phone has NFC capabilities, it's not an I9100. It will more than likely be an I9100P.

2) If the IMEI (in phone settings) has changed to '0049...' (Do not post your actual IMEI here), you might be in a bit of trouble. If the phone is an I9100P, download I9100P firmware from Samfirmware & flash that; hopefully the IMEI will come back. If the IMEI doesn't return, flash another firmware, and another and so on.

If it is an I9100 & you're merely confused about the NFC thing, download a bunch of I9100 firmwares & flash.

If after flashing a bunch of firmwares you still have the generic IMEI, try one/more of the many 'guides' on here which claim to be able to recover your IMEI without an EFS backup (no idea if any of them work or not).

If you still can't get your IMEI back, take it to a local mobile repair shop; many have equipment which can write the IMEI back to the device fairly cheaply.

Edit - Use a descriptive thread title in future - 'Help me please' is more than likely the reason you've been sitting for 18 hrs waiting for help, many people won't even look at your thread without a title which gives some idea of whatever problem you're facing/question you have.

thanks for your help what if my phone is i9100 and i have flashed an i9100p firmware what problems i'll have?
3rd June 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Probably none. The firmware is identical except for the NFC bits, as the I9100 doesn't have the hardware, that part of the firmware doesn't do anything. Given the rom will likely be for a completely different carrier, the modem in the rom might not be ideal for your particular carrier, and you might have connectivity issues, or you might not. But that's moot given you have the generic IMEI, you should have pretty much zero connectivity anyway (you'll be able to see the network but not use it).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread