[Q] Help me please, unroot and root.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By maccolt, Junior Member on 23rd March 2014, 12:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys, I did root my S2 GT - I9100 ( ICS 4.04 ) using the siyah kernel v5.01.

I would like to do the unroot and install the version of android 4.1.2 . Through kies, official way.

They told me it was simple and without risk but it is always good to ask. I'm always worried about making a mess, so if you can guide me.

Another question is about the root on android 4.1.2. I can use the siyah kernel v5.01 for root version 4.1.2? The procedure is the same as I did on my s2 4.04? I insist on this procedure because I found it very easy to be done.

And When I speak of procedure , it would be this one?

Step1 : Make sure your SGS 2 is not connected to computer via USB and switch it off .

Step2 : Start Odin 1.85

Step3 : Start the phone in Download Mode ( Hold Volume Down , Center button and Power Button Simultaneously ) .

Step4 : Plug the SGS2 to the USB and computer.

Step5 : Look for the yellow indicator in the ID : With That section Confirms That All Necessary drivers are installed on your computer . (If the yellow indicator does not switch on , you will need to install USB drivers on all your computer and Samsung KIES Also to check the option in setings , Wireless & Networks , USB Setting.

Step6 : Press the PDA button . Select Siyah KERNEL 5.01.TAR . Press START . This will launch the update . at the end Should reboot the phone . Do not worry if this takes longer than usual to reboot , that's how it Should be .

Thanks for the help and I know they are basic questions but I really am afraid of damaging my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread