Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] No recovery, no Boot, Only Download Mode (Can't Flash Recovery)

Tip us?

Jazom
Old
(Last edited by Jazom; 10th May 2014 at 09:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] No recovery, no Boot, Only Download Mode (Can't Flash Recovery)

Hey guys! how are ya?

I'm really deep in some serious problem and hope u guys can help me with...

I have a Galaxy S2 int. (I9100) running the stable version of CM 10.1, few days back after charging I took off the power cable and the phone got stuck at boot... after trying to enter recovery mode, I realised that he wasn't there anymore... So, I tried to flash CWM Recovery (6.0.2.9) via Odin and I keep getting FAIL on flash...

The problem is... I really have some files on this phone that I can't loose... Do you guys have any clues or ideas that could help me?

Really desperate here! Halp!

[Oh, before anyone say it... I already searched this forum and Cyanogen's none of the solutions I saw worked]

Att,

aarongillion63
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazom View Post
Hey guys! how are ya?

I'm really deep in some serious problem and hope u guys can help me with...

I have a Galaxy S2 int. (I9100) running the stable version of CM 10.1, few days back after charging I took off the power cable and the phone got stuck at boot... after trying to enter recovery mode, I realised that he wasn't there anymore... So, I tried to flash CWM Recovery (6.0.2.9) via Odin and I keep getting FAIL on flash...

The problem is... I really have some files on this phone that I can't loose... Do you guys have any clues or ideas that could help me?

Really desperate here! Halp!

[Oh, before anyone say it... I already searched this forum and Cyanogen's none of the solutions I saw worked]

Att,
Yikes. As far as getting your data back on a non-stock rom...that eliminates possibility of flashing with Odin...

After prowling around a little bit I saw this guide... it claims that some GSII boot problems are due to kernels. Try flashing a stock (or older CM) kernel. http://chaladi.me/2012/11/30/solvedf...rnel-problems/

Other than that, this one "might" wipe data but try re-flashing CM thru Odin? If not then try flashing back to stock ROM through Odin, make sure not to check wipe data, but by doing that you'll definitely get bootloop. Hopefully you get enough time window to use adb.

Good luck,

--
Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Jazom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tried flashing Kernel (Siyah and CM Stock) but odin returns me FAIL, or get stuck on WRITE NAND...

Any ideias?

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 11th May 2014 at 11:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3205
'Yikes. As far as getting your data back on a non-stock rom...that eliminates possibility of flashing with Odin'.

No, it does not.

OP - The only way you're fixing this is flashing a stock rom with Odin. If this is successful, you wont lose any data. If you're having problems with the flash, find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & try as much of the stuff in the thread as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash. Do not try two or three things from the thread, come back here & say 'It won't work blah blah blah blah'; that thread is the Bible in these situations, there's nothing which isn't in the thread that can be suggested in these situations. So, you now have the tools to fix your phone.

Now, having said that, sometimes in these situations only a factory reset after the flash will fix it.

You're just going to have to try it & see what happens/hope the flash fixes it.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazom View Post
I really have some files on this phone that I can't loose...
You mean those files you want to recover are all in the internal SD(like photos,music,videos etc,)?If so,just flash a stock rom as others suggested,this won't wipe the internal SD.Unless,in an extreme case,you'll have to rePIT.
• GT-i9100
• NeatROM 6.3
• Apolo 4.14
The Following User Says Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]