Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Rooting and/or CWM installing

Tip us?

umpalumpa87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Help with Rooting and/or CWM installing

Hello everyone!

I am an happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II GT- i9100 android phone and I never updated / rooted my phone before.
It's still using the default configuration and android version is 2.3.5

I heard a lot of nice comments about Cyanogenmod and I would like to try it.
I heard the simplest way to install new ROM is to use CWM but I have no idea which version to install.
I tried with this version: cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9100.zip but I cannot simply install it using the default recovering mode because it says that the signature verification failed.

Do you know a simple and safe method to install cwm on my non-rooted phone? is there any way to sign this CWM zip? so I could install it directly wit the default recovery mode?

Thank you very much,

I appreciate the help

gsainath4u
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpalumpa87 View Post
Hello everyone!

I am an happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II GT- i9100 android phone and I never updated / rooted my phone before.
It's still using the default configuration and android version is 2.3.5

I heard a lot of nice comments about Cyanogenmod and I would like to try it.
I heard the simplest way to install new ROM is to use CWM but I have no idea which version to install.
I tried with this version: cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9100.zip but I cannot simply install it using the default recovering mode because it says that the signature verification failed.

Do you know a simple and safe method to install cwm on my non-rooted phone? is there any way to sign this CWM zip? so I could install it directly wit the default recovery mode?

Thank you very much,

I appreciate the help
I doubt if the download was corrupted somehow. Hence the failure of signature verification.

This thread details the kernel which is pre-rooted and also has CWM. But be careful to flash the correct version of the kernel.
Please hit "Thanks" if I was helpful in any way.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2.
Currently on SlimSaber 4.4.4 by fusionjack.

Previous ROMs:
Official Samsung ROM (4.1.2)
CyanogenMod (stable 10.1.3)
SlimBean v2.2 Final
PAC-ROM 4.3 Nightlies
OmniROM Nightlies

umpalumpa87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsainath4u View Post
I doubt if the download was corrupted somehow. Hence the failure of signature verification.

This thread details the kernel which is pre-rooted and also has CWM. But be careful to flash the correct version of the kernel.
Thank you for the fast response.

I tried to use now philz_touch_6.48.4-i9100.zip.

I copied this file on my internal memory. I turn off the mobile and I press volume up + home + turn on button I get into the recovery mode and I try to apply the new zip file but still I get this type of error: "failed to verify whole-file signature"

Anyone has any idea?

gsainath4u
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpalumpa87 View Post

Thank you for the fast response.

I tried to use now philz_touch_6.48.4-i9100.zip.

I copied this file on my internal memory. I turn off the mobile and I press volume up + home + turn on button I get into the recovery mode and I try to apply the new zip file but still I get this type of error: "failed to verify whole-file signature"

Anyone has any idea?
Thats wierd..
I haven't encountered any problem like that. Definitely the second download should have gone through.
I am at a loss to think of any cause for this issue.

Someone who has encountered this issue or know about this can help you.
Please hit "Thanks" if I was helpful in any way.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2.
Currently on SlimSaber 4.4.4 by fusionjack.

Previous ROMs:
Official Samsung ROM (4.1.2)
CyanogenMod (stable 10.1.3)
SlimBean v2.2 Final
PAC-ROM 4.3 Nightlies
OmniROM Nightlies