No registration required

[Q] Help with Rooting and/or CWM installing

OP umpalumpa87

22nd August 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello everyone!

I am an happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II GT- i9100 android phone and I never updated / rooted my phone before.
It's still using the default configuration and android version is 2.3.5

I heard a lot of nice comments about Cyanogenmod and I would like to try it.
I heard the simplest way to install new ROM is to use CWM but I have no idea which version to install.
I tried with this version: cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9100.zip but I cannot simply install it using the default recovering mode because it says that the signature verification failed.

Do you know a simple and safe method to install cwm on my non-rooted phone? is there any way to sign this CWM zip? so I could install it directly wit the default recovery mode?

Thank you very much,

I appreciate the help
22nd August 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 39

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpalumpa87

Hello everyone!

I am an happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II GT- i9100 android phone and I never updated / rooted my phone before.
It's still using the default configuration and android version is 2.3.5

I heard a lot of nice comments about Cyanogenmod and I would like to try it.
I heard the simplest way to install new ROM is to use CWM but I have no idea which version to install.
I tried with this version: cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9100.zip but I cannot simply install it using the default recovering mode because it says that the signature verification failed.

Do you know a simple and safe method to install cwm on my non-rooted phone? is there any way to sign this CWM zip? so I could install it directly wit the default recovery mode?

Thank you very much,

I appreciate the help

I doubt if the download was corrupted somehow. Hence the failure of signature verification.

This thread details the kernel which is pre-rooted and also has CWM. But be careful to flash the correct version of the kernel.
22nd August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsainath4u

I doubt if the download was corrupted somehow. Hence the failure of signature verification.

This thread details the kernel which is pre-rooted and also has CWM. But be careful to flash the correct version of the kernel.

Thank you for the fast response.

I tried to use now philz_touch_6.48.4-i9100.zip.

I copied this file on my internal memory. I turn off the mobile and I press volume up + home + turn on button I get into the recovery mode and I try to apply the new zip file but still I get this type of error: "failed to verify whole-file signature"

Anyone has any idea?
23rd August 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 39

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpalumpa87

Thank you for the fast response.

I tried to use now philz_touch_6.48.4-i9100.zip.

I copied this file on my internal memory. I turn off the mobile and I press volume up + home + turn on button I get into the recovery mode and I try to apply the new zip file but still I get this type of error: "failed to verify whole-file signature"

Anyone has any idea?

Thats wierd..
I haven't encountered any problem like that. Definitely the second download should have gone through.
I am at a loss to think of any cause for this issue.

Someone who has encountered this issue or know about this can help you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread