Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP]Siyah kernel Installation

Tip us?

Sadeed
Old
(Last edited by Sadeed; 10th May 2014 at 06:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [HELP]Siyah kernel Installation

I want to install Siyah Kernel On Galaxy SII GT-19100 converted from Korean.
I am on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 stock and my kernel has the EMMC Brick Bug.
Can I install Siyah Kernel Safely if no Why?. Are there any other kernels that i can install?

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Model Number:
GT-19100

Baseband Version:
19100XXLS8

Kernel Version:
3.0.31-889555
dpi@DELL228 #3

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 10th May 2014 at 01:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadeed View Post
I Need Help Fast
No, you do not. Knowing whether you can flash a custom kernel/not & how to flash it is hardly a life/death situation.

Your phone currently works (though given your haste in this matter & apparent unwillingness to take your time to read/learn, I'd be prepared to wager it won't be working for long), there's nothing urgent in your request beyond your belief you have an entitlement to the people here dropping whatever they're doing just to answer your non-urgent question (perhaps you have us confused with the employees of your carrier, to which you've paid money & not unreasonably have an expectation of prompt service ?)

Go read the Siyah thread, read the instructions until they make sense, don't do anything until that happens. It's hardly rocket surgery.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sadeed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
No, you do not. Knowing whether you can flash a custom kernel/not & how to flash it is hardly a life/death situation.

Your phone currently works (though given your haste in this matter & apparent unwillingness to take your time to read/learn, I'd be prepared to wager it won't be working for long), there's nothing urgent in your request beyond your belief you have an entitlement to the people here dropping whatever they're doing just to answer your non-urgent question (perhaps you have us confused with the employees of your carrier, to which you've paid money & not unreasonably have an expectation of prompt service ?)

Go read the Siyah thread, read the instructions until they make sense, don't do anything until that happens. It's hardly rocket surgery.
Can you explain that what are you saying i know that it will not cause any danger but i want to be double sure

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 10th May 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,205
Anytime you flash anything to your phone (whether it's a rom, kernel, mod, whatever) via any method (whether it's Odin, CWM, whatever) there is a very small risk that something will go wrong. Each and every time. This risk always remains small with every flash, it doesn't mean the 100th time you flash is 100 times more dangerous than the first time or more likely to damage your phone. If you attempt to flash with hardware that isn't working perfectly or you fail to learn/understand what you're doing before you actually do it, you increase that risk.

If you ensure you know exactly what you're doing before you do it (the reading/learning bit I alluded to in my PP), and ensure you don't do anything completely daft like attempt to flash firmware for a completely different device to your phone, or pull the cable halfway through an Odin flash, you ensure that risk remains very minimal.

However, if you're looking for a 100% guaranteed risk free way to mod your phone, there isn't one.

So, can you install Siyah safely to your phone ? Yes, you can. But as I've said above, there is always a small chance you might brick your phone in the process.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]