Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help - Sound issue with CM 11

Tip us?

vcsush
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help - Sound issue with CM 11

Hi All

First up, many thanks for any help and for your time.

I am running CM 11 Nightlies (currently at 20140517) but this issue has been happening ever since I installed CM 11.

I use Apollo for music. The player will play fine for a period (sometimes more than an hour and sometimes just five minutes) and then suddenly the sound will disappear while the player keeps playing. I then have to reboot the phone for the sound to come back as manually shutting the app down does not work.

I don't believe it is an Apollo issue but think it is a sound issue as this happens with Google Music as well as Ginkgo Audio player as well (which I use for audiobooks).

I have already searched the net and the forums but haven't found anything yet.

Would be grateful for any advice.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
You're far more likely to get an answer that will help in the CM11 discussion thread.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,201
This sounds like an incidence of the well known and thoroughly discussed music bug which is present in EVERY build / version of CM11....some people it affects, some it doesn't..... You either have to live with it until a fix is found, or you revert to a JB based build.......

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]