Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

need help

OP mr.jabr

13th January 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello there,
I have a problem that may look wired for some but it actually happend to my galaxy s2. I had a stock jeally bean, then I installed a jelly synap rom. I noticed that the display from the sides got smaller than before in the jeally bean. I came back to jeally bean but in vain. The display is not as big as it was. I tried every possible way; installing stock rom and stock recovery but they all failed. So PLEASE I need help.
13th January 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 1,240

1,282 posts
More
Well that is weird. But you have now a smaller screen is the resolution also different or you cant see parts of the screen now?. I think your display has some problems then if you have it like that. Can you try this code in dialer on stock *#0*# can you post some pictures? Looks me like a hardware fault

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
14th January 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic

Well that is weird. But you have now a smaller screen is the resolution also different or you cant see parts of the screen now?. I think your display has some problems then if you have it like that. Can you try this code in dialer on stock *#0*# can you post some pictures? Looks me like a hardware fault

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem has to do with the software not hardware as the display was good before installing the new rom. Also, When I tried the rom on another phone, the same happened. The display gets smaller from the sides of the phone. Regarding the code, I tried it and every thing seems good. The problem is in the sides of the phone.I can't post a picture until I get 10 posts.
14th January 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I attached the picture.Please take a look at it and see if it is normal or the screen is smaller (from the sides) than usual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aj9Lk.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	2515192  
15th January 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
anahisto farmers
Someone help please!
15th January 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 582

1,121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jabr

I attached the picture.Please take a look at it and see if it is normal or the screen is smaller (from the sides) than usual.

This seems normal to me...
15th January 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 1,240

1,282 posts
More
Looks also normal to me but i cant see much difference if you have the stripes. Could you make on in a brighter light cause those screens from these days can be pretty black.
Download this white background in the attachment and open it. Then take something to measure the distance between the screen and the end of your phone left to right.
It should be something like4mm maybe a bit smaller so say 3-4. Could you measure that? If it is also 3-4 mm then it is good Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389814977971.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	2517966

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
15th January 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
thanks for your reply.I can't see your attachment but I could manage measure the display and find it 5.6 CM. I'm talking about the display width from left to right, the lighted area. Is this normal? if it is, then i'm going to have an eye test
17th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
wiaitng for your reply!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread