Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help to find the reason of drastic battery life reduction

Tip us?

neoxpt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help to find the reason of drastic battery life reduction

Hello guys,

I'm quite new here and to Android and that's probably what's causing my difficulty of finding a solution for my problem, so I'm hoping you guys can help me.

So all started a few months ago, when my brother decided to give me his 2 year S2, I was quite satisfied because it's in great condition. After a few months of using it I decided to go on and try some roms dor the sake of my boredom of Samsung's rom and for my will to discover. The rom I tried was Slimkat, it worked pretty good and it's awesome to customize but it was killing ny battery in 8 hours with medium to low use, it was kinda crazy... So I decided to roll back and restore the stock rom, I was successful and it's the one I still have at the moment, but the battery problem remains... I've tried two different batteries and it's always the same and I've run out of solutions that I know.

tl;dr - my battery was fine before I started to play around with roms and after I restored the stock rom the problem remained. The battery itself isn't the problem because I've tried two others.

So I hope you can help me, if you need any other information, I'll be glad to add it.

Regards and thanks in advance

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
BetterBatteryStats; find the thread devoted to it on here & install it (or get it from Google Play), let it run for a day/whatever, and post the BBS logs to the BBS thread - people who post their regularly should be able to help you track down what's causing drain. You could post them to this thread, but with such little traffic in Q&A these days, you could be waiting a fair while for meaningful help (I.E help that's actually useful Vs people who don't know what they're talking about).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?