Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Wifi stop working for samsung galaxy S2

Tip us?

rishisinha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] HELP! Wifi stop working for samsung galaxy S2

Hi,

I have bought Galaxy S2 just two months back. My wifi was working fine until one day it stopped working. When I switch on my wifi, it just scan for the network and then gets off. My other devices are working fine with the router. The same problem exists even after doing a factory setting for the phone and reseting the wifi router at my home.

There are few things worth noticing about the problem:
1) My PC is detecting so many wireless networks around here but my phone wifi detects none because it seems to me that the wifi is not even getting started in my phone ... no wifi notification symbol.
2) On starting other wifi related setting like "wifi direct", my phone hangs and it shows a dialogue to force close it.

Please suggest some solution for the problem.
Thanks.

rishisinha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone here to rescue me from this problem ?????

vishesh26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy facing same problem

hi, i am also facing the same issue....my phone does exactly same what u have mentioned...it even shows ERROR under wifi option sometimes. i have tried restoring updating the firmware but nothing has helped so far. apart from that my phone sometimes gets heated a lot and battery drains like hell n it takes a hell lot time 2 charge sometime....

if u were able to find the solution 2 ur problem plz help me out plz...m completely unsure weather its a software issue or a hardware...

plz do help me out

thanks

imileimile
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Need to give more info. For example did you tried to connect phone on different routers? What firmware ver, rom, pda kernel etc.....

vishesh26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by imileimile View Post
Need to give more info. For example did you tried to connect phone on different routers? What firmware ver, rom, pda kernel etc.....
yaa i have tried connecting to different router but no help...my other 2 laptops and my nokia ph is very well running on that network bt nt my sg2..

android version- 2.3.4
kernel version XXKG1

plz help me out if u can...

thanks

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisinha View Post
Hi,

I have bought Galaxy S2 just two months back. My wifi was working fine until one day it stopped working. When I switch on my wifi, it just scan for the network and then gets off. My other devices are working fine with the router. The same problem exists even after doing a factory setting for the phone and reseting the wifi router at my home.

1) My PC is detecting so many wireless networks around here but my phone wifi detects none because it seems to me that the wifi is not even getting started in my phone ... no wifi notification symbol.
2) On starting other wifi related setting like "wifi direct", my phone hangs and it shows a dialogue to force close it.

Thanks.
I recommend to flash the latest stock ROM for your region.
You can find many official firmwares in Intratech's thread => http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278.
Please read the first post carefully.

After flashing the ROM, you should do a hard rest (by dialing *2767*3855# in your phone).

Hope this will help!
Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

Athavan
Old
Thanks Meter 107
im also having exact problem as defined by op...tried almost every thing.. fw update,hard rest, 2.3.5,etc...no use

any solutions guys?? pls help.....
Hit Thanks if I have helped u..

proud to own awesome galaxy s2 (with regular updates!!)

vishesh26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athavan View Post
im also having exact problem as defined by op...tried almost every thing.. fw update,hard rest, 2.3.5,etc...no use

any solutions guys?? pls help.....
well...it has been 10 days since my very same prob started...been to the service centre they updated the software bt no use. they told it looks like a motherboard prob which needs 2 b replaced. so now i wud jet handover my ph again 2 them n w8 15days to get it back....i can't think of any other option....if u were able to find any other solution...plz let us know...

thanks

Athavan
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishesh26 View Post
well...it has been 10 days since my very same prob started...been to the service centre they updated the software bt no use. they told it looks like a motherboard prob which needs 2 b replaced. so now i wud jet handover my ph again 2 them n w8 15days to get it back....i can't think of any other option....if u were able to find any other solution...plz let us know...

thanks
omg...so many of s2 users are suffering from this issue...

users who solved this issue please giude us...

Athavan
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Thumbs up SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisinha View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
hey guys... had this exact issue with my s2..and suffered a lot due to this for the past 1month..
i tried fw upgrade,cfw,and every possible solution... went to Samsung service center and they said that they have tried flashing new os but no use.. so they asked me to handover the phone on Tuesday(tomorrow) inorder to solve the problem... i was about to do it..

but suddenly today morning my wifi started working again.. now it is flawlessly working as it done before this problem.. now I am veeeeery happy.. and finally im loving my s2 again