Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! Wifi stop working for samsung galaxy S2

OP rishisinha

23rd October 2011, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I have bought Galaxy S2 just two months back. My wifi was working fine until one day it stopped working. When I switch on my wifi, it just scan for the network and then gets off. My other devices are working fine with the router. The same problem exists even after doing a factory setting for the phone and reseting the wifi router at my home.

There are few things worth noticing about the problem:
1) My PC is detecting so many wireless networks around here but my phone wifi detects none because it seems to me that the wifi is not even getting started in my phone ... no wifi notification symbol.
2) On starting other wifi related setting like "wifi direct", my phone hangs and it shows a dialogue to force close it.

Please suggest some solution for the problem.
Thanks.
24th October 2011, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
anyone here to rescue me from this problem ?????
27th October 2011, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Unhappy facing same problem
hi, i am also facing the same issue....my phone does exactly same what u have mentioned...it even shows ERROR under wifi option sometimes. i have tried restoring updating the firmware but nothing has helped so far. apart from that my phone sometimes gets heated a lot and battery drains like hell n it takes a hell lot time 2 charge sometime....

if u were able to find the solution 2 ur problem plz help me out plz...m completely unsure weather its a software issue or a hardware...

plz do help me out

thanks
27th October 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag Resen
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
More
Need to give more info. For example did you tried to connect phone on different routers? What firmware ver, rom, pda kernel etc.....
27th October 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #5  

4 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imileimile

Need to give more info. For example did you tried to connect phone on different routers? What firmware ver, rom, pda kernel etc.....

yaa i have tried connecting to different router but no help...my other 2 laptops and my nokia ph is very well running on that network bt nt my sg2..

android version- 2.3.4
kernel version XXKG1

plz help me out if u can...

thanks
27th October 2011, 07:45 PM   |  #6  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,493

8,884 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisinha

Hi,

I have bought Galaxy S2 just two months back. My wifi was working fine until one day it stopped working. When I switch on my wifi, it just scan for the network and then gets off. My other devices are working fine with the router. The same problem exists even after doing a factory setting for the phone and reseting the wifi router at my home.

1) My PC is detecting so many wireless networks around here but my phone wifi detects none because it seems to me that the wifi is not even getting started in my phone ... no wifi notification symbol.
2) On starting other wifi related setting like "wifi direct", my phone hangs and it shows a dialogue to force close it.

Thanks.

I recommend to flash the latest stock ROM for your region.
You can find many official firmwares in Intratech's thread => http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278.
Please read the first post carefully.

After flashing the ROM, you should do a hard rest (by dialing *2767*3855# in your phone).

Hope this will help!
1st November 2011, 02:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 107

321 posts
More
im also having exact problem as defined by op...tried almost every thing.. fw update,hard rest, 2.3.5,etc...no use

any solutions guys?? pls help.....
1st November 2011, 06:38 PM   |  #8  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athavan

im also having exact problem as defined by op...tried almost every thing.. fw update,hard rest, 2.3.5,etc...no use

any solutions guys?? pls help.....

well...it has been 10 days since my very same prob started...been to the service centre they updated the software bt no use. they told it looks like a motherboard prob which needs 2 b replaced. so now i wud jet handover my ph again 2 them n w8 15days to get it back....i can't think of any other option....if u were able to find any other solution...plz let us know...

thanks
2nd November 2011, 02:55 AM   |  #9  
Flag Madurai

321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishesh26

well...it has been 10 days since my very same prob started...been to the service centre they updated the software bt no use. they told it looks like a motherboard prob which needs 2 b replaced. so now i wud jet handover my ph again 2 them n w8 15days to get it back....i can't think of any other option....if u were able to find any other solution...plz let us know...

thanks

omg...so many of s2 users are suffering from this issue...

users who solved this issue please giude us...
7th November 2011, 11:10 AM   |  #10  
Flag Madurai

321 posts
More
Thumbs up SOLVED
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisinha

Hi,

Thanks.

hey guys... had this exact issue with my s2..and suffered a lot due to this for the past 1month..
i tried fw upgrade,cfw,and every possible solution... went to Samsung service center and they said that they have tried flashing new os but no use.. so they asked me to handover the phone on Tuesday(tomorrow) inorder to solve the problem... i was about to do it..

but suddenly today morning my wifi started working again.. now it is flawlessly working as it done before this problem.. now I am veeeeery happy.. and finally im loving my s2 again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread