5,593,587 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hi guyz help me to root my sgs2 plz

Tip us?

leenpol
Old
(Last edited by leenpol; 6th April 2012 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan799 View Post
My sgs2
Baseband
I9100xxki4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
After routing your sgs2 the OTA update will no longer work for you. Be aware of that.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Kernel: Stock
Firmware: ICS 3.32.401.105
Recovery: 4EXT Touch
Mods: LeeDroid Tweaks, HQ Camera Ultra

farhan799
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea thats y i didnt do anything yet. But i.feel like my phone is laggy thats y... I wanted to root..

blade30p
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 350
simply goole SuperOneClickRoot
google it exactly as I've typed it above then click on the first link in the results page

I used it to root my fone & was running ICS 4.0.3 in mere minutes after rooting

farhan799
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
The reply to the post above mine should be good...
I didnt find any1 for mine...

themadba
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan799 View Post
Dude i heared that it will make ur phone more faster

NO IT DOES NOT. Do you have no idea what root is for?

Here is a nice overview for you:

Getting root or rooting your phone is the process of modifying the operating system that shipped with your device to grant you complete control over it.

This means you can overcome limitations that the carriers and manufacturers put on your phone, extend system functionality, and even upgrade it to a custom flavor of Android.

The name root comes from the Linux operating system world, where the most privileged user on the system (otherwise known as Administrator on Windows) is called root.

Root DOES NOT speed up your phone, which you should have realised when you read the description of root. Root allows you flash a new ROM, which is a new GUI of your phone, or a new kernel, which MAY make your phone faster in certain aspects, especially if you overclock your phone.

By the way, I found the root description by simply typing into google "root for android explained" if you get confused again...

Chris.
Current Device's: Samsung Galaxy S IV, Asus Nexus 7, iPad 3
Retired Devices: Samsung Galaxy S2

If I answered your question or helped in any way, please click the Thanks" button. It only takes a second!

My threads:
Guide to rooting the SGS2
Saga of a CM Exynos4 Device Maintainer

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

farhan799
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks ....

sirk_22
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Hi

We have the same firmware and I have rooted my phone. It's easy as long as you take it patiently and read things regarding the procedure so you don't mess with your priced possession.

Go to galaxys2root.com- Find the article "How to root Galaxy s2". This is a step by step process with video as well as pictures so that you won't get lost in the process. The links on this site will still get you here @ xda forum so it's legit and this is what I used to root my device. Please read it carefully and refer to the pictures each time you finished the steps needed.

And if you want to download your "Official Firmware" just in case you want to go back and have your warranty at sammy service centers just go to INTRATECH's post here @ xda and download it then flash it via odin. Remember you also need to have a "usb jig" to erase traces that you have made in your device. If the link of Official Firmware @ Intratech's post won't make you download it because it is broken (last time I did I can't download it) then go to samfirmware.com.

farhan799
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im totaly confused cuz i dnt want to lose my warranty... Maybe ill wait for the ics... It will be better