Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot make calls with SII I9100

Tip us?

JacopoAU
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Cannot make calls with SII I9100

Good morning guys (i am writing from Sydney so for someone good afternoon),

i bought a second hand phone on gumtree due by the end of my other phone and i am having some issues.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 seems to be brand new even still the plastic cover on the screen, by the way i flashed the phone with the NeatRom

The phone is working 100% fine the only thing that i can't do is calling someone

I have signal on the network and i can even go online using my phone, no wifi, but sadly i cannot make outgoing calls.

I tried loading other ROMS but same problem and i found the NeatRom the more reliable and fast for my experience so i decided to go back in to this.

Now guys i need your help, i could buy a new phone and throw this one away but I like challenge and i would like to get the problem fix.

I notice that many users have the same issue and they reckon could be some application loaded into the phone.

Any idea or suggestion?
I was thinking to load back the Rom stock version?
What do you think?
Could be that the phone has been stolen and locked by the provider (VODAFONEAU) ? in this case what i should do?change provider?change IMEI?

I checked the IMEI on the back and is the same that you get if you query the phone with *#06#

I attached few screenshot taken with the phone to better show the issue, if you notice in the last one i tried to call and i get back a message from the system "we currenlty accept only US number". so wierd...

Thanks in advance to all for the attention paid to help me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-09-51-41.png
Views:	11
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2772078

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-09-52-09.png
Views:	14
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2772079

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-09-52-56.png
Views:	13
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2772080

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-09-54-14.png
Views:	15
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2772081

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 31st May 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3205
1) You absolutely cannot change IMEI. Any further discussion of this will see your thread locked (it's illegal).

2) First thing you need to do is contact your carrier in the first instance & ask if it has indeed been IMEI locked (all carriers can see this in Australia, once it's locked on one network, it's locked on everyone's). If you have no joy there, then you contact Vodafone & ask the same question (I'd be very surprised if you carrier doesn't answer this one way or another though.

If it is IMEI barred, you won't be getting it unbarred. These things don't normally happen.

3) It may only be network locked by Vodafone rather than IMEI locked. Again, Vodafone will be able to confirm if this is the case/not.

Anything else troubleshooting-wise is a waste of time until you do the above; if it's IMEI barred you put one down to experience & chuck it away, if it's network locked Vodafone will possibly give you an unlock code for free.

Edit - Also, delete the screenshot which shows your IMEI. Last thing you need if it is just a simple case of a network lock that you can get fixed is for someone to see your IMEI & decide to use it for nefarious purposes (easily done). If this happens, your IMEI absolutely will end up barred & the phone useless.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vishal11in
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Good explanation above, ask the one who.sold ypu this phone, he might have sold you a barred phone and claimed from insurance.

Hope it is not the case, but do check
Best of luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium