[Q] Home button not working

Tip us?

mischasworld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Home button not working

He girls and guys,

first off all: I wish you you all a merry chrismas.

I have a problem with my home button on my Galaxy S2. Physically it seems to work, the display lights up when i hit the button.
On the software side it doesn't work, if I it the button nothing happens.

I'm on latest S2 slim saber by fusion jack.

I would have posted directly into fusionjacks s2 saber mod thread unfortunately this is my 8. post, so I'm not allowed to do so

Any Ideas?

Greetings

Michael

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 25th December 2013 at 11:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3017
Did it work with stock ? If it does, try a dirty flash of the rom you're using now (no wipe), then try a factory reset if that doesn't work, then try a clean install (I.E with wipe) of the rom you're currently using. If you're still having problems, try a clean install of stock to double check/make sure it's not a hardware problem. If it still works fine with stock, either read the rom thread or wait until you have enough posts to post in the thread.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

mischasworld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your fast reply

Long time since I ago since I flashed last stock It used to work, even with slim saber kit kat. About 5 days ago it stopped working.
If I enable the navigation bar (=software home key on the touch screen) it doesn't work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Did it work with stock ?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
Might be hardware, try the things I suggested. You'll also have ten posts up if you reply to this post of mine Still try those things before you go posting in a dev thread though, that's what's expected around here. Dev threads are really meant for development stuff, and your problem isn't necessarily an issue with the rom (at least not until you've done a bunch of troubleshooting as per my suggestions).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

mischasworld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your sugestions!

I'll try to flash an old slim saber on 4.3 where the button used to work. Just found out, that the home button works in TWRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Might be hardware, try the things I suggested. You'll also have ten posts up if you reply to this post of mine Still try those things before you go posting in a dev thread though, that's what's expected around here. Dev threads are really meant for development stuff, and your problem isn't necessarily an issue with the rom (at least not until you've done a bunch of troubleshooting as per my suggestions).

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
Probably not a hardware problem then. Yep, good idea. Try stuff like that out, and if it's still a problem, then ask in the thread. Otherwise you risk getting a new one ripped by some people (and not unreasonably) for not troubleshooting first.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mischasworld
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Flashing 4.3. und reflashing 4.4 did it. Home button is working again.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
There you go. Sorted it all by yourself. Good work