5,815,133 Members 38,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hong Kong SGS II Firmware Update?

Tip us?

DarkGuyver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Hong Kong SGS II Firmware Update?

Hi Guys

I have a SGSII, which I got in Hong Kong a couple of years ago. It came pre-installed with Stock Samsung Firmware ICS 4.0.3. I currently living in the UK and was wondering if I did a Firmware update using Kites, would it install you UK version of the firmware instead of the HK version?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkGuyver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.
To be honest, I am a noobie when it comes to the advanced aspects of android devices. So I've always followed the mantra of always following the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. Also I don't want to loose all my user data for my game of Asphalt g