Hong Kong SGS II Firmware Update?

OP DarkGuyver

21st June 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Hi Guys

I have a SGSII, which I got in Hong Kong a couple of years ago. It came pre-installed with Stock Samsung Firmware ICS 4.0.3. I currently living in the UK and was wondering if I did a Firmware update using Kites, would it install you UK version of the firmware instead of the HK version?
21st June 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.

To be honest, I am a noobie when it comes to the advanced aspects of android devices. So I've always followed the mantra of always following the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. Also I don't want to loose all my user data for my game of Asphalt g
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread