Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How stable are the 4.3 and 4.4.2 roms available for the i9100?

OP AMelbye

10th January 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoL

I'm glad you stepped forward without returning to stock

Returning to stock is out of the question. I've been using CM 10.1.3 for a while, so if anything I'd return to CM 10..

That being said, the rom crashed last night. And I mean properly crashed. I had to do a factory reset and reinstall to get the phone up and running again....
12th January 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #22  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 132

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderling

You are meant to try out the roms for yourself.These types of threads are basically "want to try out roms but cant be bothered reading the 2000+ posts about bugs".
I dont use custom roms for the above reason, as in the past Ive had a rom on the phone for 5 minutes.Also, it takes time to get the phone back into what it was before.
I just normally use a debloated stock rom running a custom kernel, as Ive not seen a better setup than that......lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Im with you,

Im using my SGS2 on stock unbranded Samsung 4.1.2 XSA ROM, rooted and with all the Samsung (and other) system app bloat removed, Dorimanx kernel installed (undervolted and on extreme battery + my own tweaks) and stablest phone ive ever owned...0.6% battery p/h...

Installed Autostarts to stop unnecessary crap from launching (plan to try Greenify, but doubt it can give the same results)
Installed Switchr for task switching

Thats all the extra core functionaility i need on a daily basis

Unlike my last phone a HTC i havent felt even remotely the urge to go into the wild on a 3rd party ROM and spend countless hours sifting through their support forums each week to resolve things.....when it works, leave it be. Of course if youre one of those kind that wants to pretty things up, which is pretty much what custom ROMs seem to be about these days (do i need PIE, or even HALO...no), and watch your battery drain accordingly, go ahead....i havent seen one yet that makes me think, yeah i really have to flash that....the bulk of it seems to be about getting the highest 4.X version and plastering eye candy on it...its a phone people, a tool....you cant drive it

Sometimes stock (some might say less, but stable) is better than pretty and full of stuff you wont use past the 15 minute "OMG tthats pretty" mark.....and i dont spend a lot of time searching xda......
12th January 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
4.3 re very stable but 4.4 aint for now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread