Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how do i?

Tip us?
 
keo2458
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] how do i?

Hi all. This is my first post and no doubt my question will probably already have been answered so here goes. my Samsung GT-19100 keeps telling me that there is insufficient memory when trying to download. I have plenty of memory spare on the phone 10 gb actually on sd card. I have looked up for answers and seem to have found it, unfortunately I don't know how to go about it. The information I found is saying I need to delete the .odex file in the app data just don't know where to find this file. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank You so much to everyone that has read this. Thanks. Paul.
 
pinkLeviosa
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 115
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by keo2458 View Post
Hi all. This is my first post and no doubt my question will probably already have been answered so here goes. my Samsung GT-19100 keeps telling me that there is insufficient memory when trying to download. I have plenty of memory spare on the phone 10 gb actually on sd card. I have looked up for answers and seem to have found it, unfortunately I don't know how to go about it. The information I found is saying I need to delete the .odex file in the app data just don't know where to find this file. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank You so much to everyone that has read this. Thanks. Paul.
Is your phone rooted?
If yes, you need a file explorer or file manager like ES File Explorer , or any app like that to find and delete the app .odex file ...

PinkLeviosa<3
Im just tryin' to help , so I hope it works

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
pinkLeviosa<3
im just tryin' to help, so i hope it works

User of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210/R
Stock Rom and Kernels
 
keo2458
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default re:samsung gt-19100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkLeviosa View Post
Is your phone rooted?
If yes, you need a file explorer or file manager like ES File Explorer , or any app like that to find and delete the app .odex file ...

PinkLeviosa<3
Im just tryin' to help , so I hope it works

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Hi PinkLeviosa, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post. The information you give doesn't register with me only because I don't understand your question "Is your phone rooted" or "file manager like ES File Explorer" I`m so sorry for not understanding this term please forgive me. Could you please explain in more simple terms. I feel I am in need of step to step instructions "doh" Thank You. Paul.
 
pinkLeviosa
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 115
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by keo2458 View Post
Hi PinkLeviosa, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post. The information you give doesn't register with me only because I don't understand your question "Is your phone rooted" or "file manager like ES File Explorer" I`m so sorry for not understanding this term please forgive me. Could you please explain in more simple terms. I feel I am in need of step to step instructions "doh" Thank You. Paul.
So, I see.. If you know jailbreaking in apple products, you already know rooting, but they have some differences, please take time to read here
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0152416AAdgd1B

ES File Explorer is a File manager it helps you to move,paste,open files such as .zip , delete files like .odex ... and at the same time its a Root Explorer, Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions. You can only unlock its feature like root explorer if your phone is rooted, for more details in ES file manager look here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

So if you dont know what root is, but now you know, the chances are your phone is not rooted... so i think you cant do your process of deleting the app's .odex but if you please can you try this app i found while searching your problem but it moves the cache of google play store at your sd card and no root is needed... the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aron.marketfix
and one more thing try to clear the cache of your google play store, if still that one dont work, try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443267 , but i think it needs a root access..

PS: remember use the search button before asking, XDA is your friend as well google
pinkLeviosa<3
im just tryin' to help, so i hope it works

User of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210/R
Stock Rom and Kernels
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkLeviosa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
keo2458
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default re:samsung gt-19100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkLeviosa View Post
So, I see.. If you know jailbreaking in apple products, you already know rooting, but they have some differences, please take time to read here
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0152416AAdgd1B

ES File Explorer is a File manager it helps you to move,paste,open files such as .zip , delete files like .odex ... and at the same time its a Root Explorer, Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions. You can only unlock its feature like root explorer if your phone is rooted, for more details in ES file manager look here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

So if you dont know what root is, but now you know, the chances are your phone is not rooted... so i think you cant do your process of deleting the app's .odex but if you please can you try this app i found while searching your problem but it moves the cache of google play store at your sd card and no root is needed... the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aron.marketfix
and one more thing try to clear the cache of your google play store, if still that one dont work, try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443267 , but i think it needs a root access..

PS: remember use the search button before asking, XDA is your friend as well google
Hi Again, Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to explain I have read the techo details and to be honest don't really understand so I am now going to admit defeat ha but a HUGE thank you for the effort in trying to explain. Time is precious and you spent a lot of time looking up details and to explain to me and for that I am really appreciative in all you have done. I came across this link which seemed to of worked ie I can now download a choice of apps without the dreaded "Insufficient Storage" Heres the link may just help someone. Once again a Big Thank you to you PinkLeviosa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RbCM8MOUVY
 
pinkLeviosa
Old
(Last edited by pinkLeviosa; 4th June 2014 at 01:41 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 115
Join Date: May 2014
Haha... No problem!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
pinkLeviosa<3
im just tryin' to help, so i hope it works

User of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210/R
Stock Rom and Kernels
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkLeviosa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes