Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google maps compass problem

Tip us?
 
rannicus
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default [Q] Google maps compass problem

Ok this is driving me nuts for sometime. After i flashed cyanogen mod 9 on my i9100g, the compass ( blue arrow ) pointeris pointing 45degrees in the wrong direction.

I tried wiping everything then flash it, still the same issue. Anyone have a fix on this. I tried the compass calibration app amd still the same problem
 
MaxMedia
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ho Chi Minh City

 
DONATE TO ME
same problem.
 
rannicus
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2007
I hope someone can help us with this one. I've searched the web for answers. they said it was a problem with the cyanogen mods even from their other releases for the i9100. I just hope there is a fix for this one because I do love cyanogenmod cwm
 
nic.stl
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 667
Join Date: Jan 2010
Hi

Just for your i formation, no problem with copilot

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk
 
rannicus
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.stl View Post
Hi

Just for your i formation, no problem with copilot

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk
ok.. good for you. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one experiencing this problem though
 
nic.stl
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 667
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rannicus View Post
ok.. good for you. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one experiencing this problem though
Yep ... good for me ...

Good luck to you guy

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk
 
gunmetal83
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default i9100g

if theres anything thats bad about galaxy series... its i9100g... it is a piece of **** i have used i9100.... absolutely brilliant... galaxy s3 is even more amazing...

i have standard ics rom... on an unlocked phone and have the same problem with google maps... i have to hold the phone upside down with the pointer suggesting m going backwards in navigation...

other gps apps work fine... like co pilot... but its just the built in google maps and navigation that has this issue...

looking into it...
if i find smfn uselfull will update...

for the time being its really testing my patience by actually having me walk around like a honey bee in the streets on london hopping from one road to another, just to find out i am heading the wrong way...

ciao
 
rannicus
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetal83 View Post
if theres anything thats bad about galaxy series... its i9100g... it is a piece of **** i have used i9100.... absolutely brilliant... galaxy s3 is even more amazing...

i have standard ics rom... on an unlocked phone and have the same problem with google maps... i have to hold the phone upside down with the pointer suggesting m going backwards in navigation...

other gps apps work fine... like co pilot... but its just the built in google maps and navigation that has this issue...

looking into it...
if i find smfn uselfull will update...

for the time being its really testing my patience by actually having me walk around like a honey bee in the streets on london hopping from one road to another, just to find out i am heading the wrong way...

ciao
wow, an actual answer. so it's the built-in map that's screwy. Happened to me too, walking around singapore going the opposite direction under the hot sun. I hope they can find a patch or fix for this one
 
tricki
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jul 2007
Have the same problem, but an app like Smart Compass works fine.
 
ratheen
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 154
Join Date: Oct 2009
I have been having the same problem.

It was there even when i was on the Stock ROM. other apps are fine, the google maps is what's messed up.

I think the GMaps app is a bit more sensitive, and may be interacting with other metallic items around, because at times it does show the right direction.

st times it's pointing in the opposite direction.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes