[Q] Google maps compass problem

8th July 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
More
Ok this is driving me nuts for sometime. After i flashed cyanogen mod 9 on my i9100g, the compass ( blue arrow ) pointeris pointing 45degrees in the wrong direction.

I tried wiping everything then flash it, still the same issue. Anyone have a fix on this. I tried the compass calibration app amd still the same problem
8th July 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 11

102 posts
Donate to Me
same problem.
8th July 2012, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

42 posts
More
I hope someone can help us with this one. I've searched the web for answers. they said it was a problem with the cyanogen mods even from their other releases for the i9100. I just hope there is a fix for this one because I do love cyanogenmod cwm
8th July 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 80

667 posts
Hi

Just for your i formation, no problem with copilot

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100G avec Tapatalk
8th July 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.stl

Hi

Just for your i formation, no problem with copilot

ok.. good for you. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one experiencing this problem though
8th July 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 80

667 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rannicus

ok.. good for you. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one experiencing this problem though

Yep ... good for me ...

Good luck to you guy

8th July 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
i9100g
if theres anything thats bad about galaxy series... its i9100g... it is a piece of **** i have used i9100.... absolutely brilliant... galaxy s3 is even more amazing...

i have standard ics rom... on an unlocked phone and have the same problem with google maps... i have to hold the phone upside down with the pointer suggesting m going backwards in navigation...

other gps apps work fine... like co pilot... but its just the built in google maps and navigation that has this issue...

looking into it...
if i find smfn uselfull will update...

for the time being its really testing my patience by actually having me walk around like a honey bee in the streets on london hopping from one road to another, just to find out i am heading the wrong way...

ciao
8th July 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetal83

if theres anything thats bad about galaxy series... its i9100g... it is a piece of **** i have used i9100.... absolutely brilliant... galaxy s3 is even more amazing...

i have standard ics rom... on an unlocked phone and have the same problem with google maps... i have to hold the phone upside down with the pointer suggesting m going backwards in navigation...

other gps apps work fine... like co pilot... but its just the built in google maps and navigation that has this issue...

looking into it...
if i find smfn uselfull will update...

for the time being its really testing my patience by actually having me walk around like a honey bee in the streets on london hopping from one road to another, just to find out i am heading the wrong way...

ciao

wow, an actual answer. so it's the built-in map that's screwy. Happened to me too, walking around singapore going the opposite direction under the hot sun. I hope they can find a patch or fix for this one
8th July 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 20

140 posts
Have the same problem, but an app like Smart Compass works fine.
9th July 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

154 posts
I have been having the same problem.

It was there even when i was on the Stock ROM. other apps are fine, the google maps is what's messed up.

I think the GMaps app is a bit more sensitive, and may be interacting with other metallic items around, because at times it does show the right direction.

st times it's pointing in the opposite direction.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread