How to check battery cycles (application?)

Search This thread

Mad_Lion

Oct 28, 2011
Maribor
Is there any application that show how many circles have battery?
When I had i**** there was a great app (of couse on cydia) called BateryInfoLite thas was displaying basic information about battery (like votage, serial number, capacity etc. and most important cycles)
batteryinfolite1.png

Is there such application for android?

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Yes, i too would like to see an app that can give me this information.
I wonder if the stats are reset when a new rom is flashed or when the phone is wiped.

Z

zylor

Betterbatterystats does the job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Betterbatterystats does the job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Link to app?
or can you point me in the right direction?
I googled for it and searched the market and found nothing...

I wanted to know the health of my battery because I've seen a sudden drop in the number of hours it gives me per charge. About 6 hours difference. I know my G2 battery is about 1.5 years old, so just wondering.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Link to app?

I wanted to know the health of my battery because I've seen a sudden drop in the number of hours it gives me per charge. About 6 hours difference. I know my G2 battery is about 1.5 years old, so just wondering.

I don't believe you

http://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid...sb&fp=a541a558630b2df7&biw=1366&bih=643&ion=1

im not always this helpful:eek:;)

PS - The least you can do is buy this app in the market and support the developer who gives constant support on XDA for this excellent app

Last edited:
Reactions: gtmaster303
S

Suarez7

Link to app?

Google is your friend. type BetterBatteryStats xda thread and that shall be the first thing that comes up on the search results.. Do not be scared of google my friend it is your friend..or just search in the forum i am not sure if the search works today but that is what is there for...:)

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
I don't believe you

http://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid...sb&fp=a541a558630b2df7&biw=1366&bih=643&ion=1

PS - The least you can do it buy this app in the market and support the developer who gives constant support on XDA for this excellent app

That is witchcraft I must say! Sorry, I guess I wasn't paying attention when I searched...
I don't think this shows you how many times your battery has been charged and used over its lifetime...
I couldn't find anything about charge cycles in the description or screen shots...
This seems like just an app to prolong battery life.

Aug 4, 2015
Hello :)

I've written a little APP to count Charge Cycles and I've put it on the Play Store.
So if you're interested search for Charge Cycle Counter on the Android Play Store.
I'm not allowed to post links so... you have to search on your own.

BTW: Can I upload the APK here? So you don't need to search on the play store?

Greets

Reactions: ruimgplay

kostelo

Apr 28, 2011
Very nice app. Just installed it and see how it progresses throughout charging cycles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2015
Thanks!
If you find any bug or something please drop me a message...
It's my first Android APP and I really want to learn something and make the APP better!

ert69

Jan 24, 2011

I've written a little APP to count Charge Cycles and I've put it on the Play Store.
So if you're interested search for Charge Cycle Counter on the Android Play Store.

Greets

I cannot find the app. Is it only in US store? Can you please upload the apk?

evr0p

Aug 26, 2016
Battery cycle count

Hello

On the galaxy s7 edge i can read the cycle count from this file:

/sys/devices/battery/power_supply/battery/battery_cycle

The exact path of the file may vary between different devices.
If you don't have the '/sys/devices/battery' directory, you could check to where following symbolic link points to:

/sys/class/power_supply/battery

There should be the 'battery_cycle' file.
Maybe you want to use a terminal app for this as you can easily see where the link points to.
Use following command:
ls -l /sys/class/power_supply/battery

I recommend the terminal app 'Termux'.
However, some devices' batteries don't seem to support cycle count and therefore lack this specific file.

I know you was looking for an app and also i post this a little late, but maybe this could help you or somebody else, cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: djstammo

hovanhuang

Jun 9, 2010
I downloaded your app. It's very helpful.

Do you know if the cycles are counted on the hardware level or software? I use customized ROM so i flash ROM/Modem/Bootloader a lot. are the cycles only reflecting the number since last OS installed or since out of factory?

thank you

Charge Cycle Counter graps data from: /sys/devices/battery/power_supply/battery/battery_cycle in the newest version!

PowerBlade

Mar 4, 2011
According to the samsung support the data gets reseted if you reset your phone...
So the cycles are counted on software level.

I have a note 5 I had just reset to factory settings before installing your app. When I installed your app it said the device was already counting by itself and showed me something like 147 battery cycles.
So it's definitely not true that the data gets reset if you reset your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link to app?

I don't believe you

PS - The least you can do is buy this app in the market and support the developer who gives constant support on XDA for this excellent app

Greets
    No the APP is not US-Only...
    I think I can't upload any file before I've 10 posts, right?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.cerebrum.ChargeCycleCounter"
    Battery cycle count

Hello

On the galaxy s7 edge i can read the cycle count from this file:

/sys/devices/battery/power_supply/battery/battery_cycle

The exact path of the file may vary between different devices.
    If you don't have the '/sys/devices/battery' directory, you could check to where following symbolic link points to:

/sys/class/power_supply/battery

There should be the 'battery_cycle' file.
    Maybe you want to use a terminal app for this as you can easily see where the link points to.
    Use following command:
    ls -l /sys/class/power_supply/battery

I recommend the terminal app 'Termux'.
    However, some devices' batteries don't seem to support cycle count and therefore lack this specific file.

I know you was looking for an app and also i post this a little late, but maybe this could help you or somebody else, cheers.