Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Get a custom Recovey on i9100

Tip us?

Hidden Username
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Default How to Get a custom Recovey on i9100

I used to have an i9100 before and heavily tweaked it. I have a Nexus now and it is so much easier than S2 and I forgot everything. Now, my brother is got an i9100 and I would like to know how to get a custom recovery on it. I don't need root, just a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM will do.

Can someone link me how to install CWM or TWRP on this i9100? I want to install a KitKat ROM on it, such as Carbon ROM. I searched and searched but the instructions are for 4.0.4 only. Thanks
I make free websites for XDA members! Click Here

dd_command
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Username View Post
I used to have an i9100 before and heavily tweaked it. I have a Nexus now and it is so much easier than S2 and I forgot everything. Now, my brother is got an i9100 and I would like to know how to get a custom recovery on it. I don't need root, just a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM will do.

Can someone link me how to install CWM or TWRP on this i9100? I want to install a KitKat ROM on it, such as Carbon ROM. I searched and searched but the instructions are for 4.0.4 only. Thanks
Did you get Custom Recovery with out root before? I think it is not possible cos I9100 and other do not use recovery partitions. Never ever. CWM is on same partition what kernel is. Its mixed up together. When you flash root you will have Custom Recovery