Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to delete OJSC Mobile Telesystems?

Tip us?

SwannyBhoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] How to delete OJSC Mobile Telesystems?

I installed a lovely new rom (AGABEY) and went onto Play Store and noticed there was an app called MTC by OJSC Mobile Telesystems.

I understand it may be down to either Samsung or the Developer of the rom to query this but I searched and had no joy.

Has any one came across this and managed to remove it?

toinktoink
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwannyBhoy View Post
I installed a lovely new rom (AGABEY) and went onto Play Store and noticed there was an app called MTC by OJSC Mobile Telesystems.

I understand it may be down to either Samsung or the Developer of the rom to query this but I searched and had no joy.

Has any one came across this and managed to remove it?
if you're rooted, you can freeze or uninstall it via titanium backup

JJEgan
Old
(Last edited by JJEgan; 24th March 2012 at 07:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4,421
That would be the app for Russia only would it ???

Been listed since GB 2.3.3 .

http://www.appbrain.com/app/%D0%BC%D...0/com.seven.Z7

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scott_karana
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Me too.

This came up for me too, last night, but I'm running stock Touchwiz/gingerbread 2.3.3.
I've rooted and unlocked my phone and have Clockworkmod but that's it.

Phone is a gt-i9100m running KG2. Carrier is Virgin Canada.
I'm more concerned about why this is came up. The app of course wants every permission in the book. Has my carrier, or phone, been compromised?
I'm super paranoid about giving Superuser. The only app with an automatic Accept is Terminal Emulator. So it's not some rogue root usage causing this.

scott_karana
Old
(Last edited by scott_karana; 25th March 2012 at 01:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Turns out this is a bug in the market, where carrier-provided apps on your phone will confuse the market into thinking they are a different, existing Market application.
Unsure whether doing this update would replace the carrier-provided app, whichever it is, with this strange Russian one..

Google "Karoges" for more details on a similar issue, where a test app shows up in place of the stock Samsung video player.

Regardless of whether this is harmless or a potential vector for attack, it needs to be resolved on Google Play's end. I submitted a Bug feedback, please do the same if you come across this!
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_karana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwannyBhoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_karana View Post
Turns out this is a bug in the market, where carrier-provided apps on your phone will confuse the market into thinking they are a different, existing Market application.
Unsure whether doing this update would replace the carrier-provided app, whichever it is, with this strange Russian one..

Google "Karoges" for more details on a similar issue, where a test app shows up in place of the stock Samsung video player.

Regardless of whether this is harmless or a potential vector for attack, it needs to be resolved on Google Play's end. I submitted a Bug feedback, please do the same if you come across this!
I noticed that test app aswell. I tried a few apps with freezing. (Rom Toolbox) but that didn't display it. I will give Titanium a go but I have a feeling it won't display the two apps (Unless you have had success then thank you!).

Only time you really notice it is when your on the new Google Play with the two options in "My Apps". "Installed" and "All".

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,421
I have not seen it since 2.3.3 but then again i have no stock rom since then .

Is it actually on your phone if so it should be locatable on a rooted phone .

jje

rodrigo.azel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm experiencing the samr issue... Can't uninstall it even with Titanium Backup, it does not appear in the apps intalled list....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

scott_karana
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Google Play has opened an incident ID for me. No reply let but I'll let you know of any developments!
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_karana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fer5437
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i got the same app in "MyApps" list. What I did I removed the "AP apps" by Samsung from Titanum Backup and the OJSC Mobile TeleMarkting is gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to fer5437 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]