Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9100 Won't turn on after installing ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.2.9

Tip us?

Hitomics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I9100 Won't turn on after installing ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.2.9

I was having some problems with a failed ROM install so I just flashed a stock rom with ODIN, rebooted, everything was fine. Then I went to install ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.2.9 so that I could install some custom ROMs, the S2 rebooted and I saw the startup screen and then it just went black, but I heard the boot sound. Now no matter what I do I can't get it to boot up. Or if it is booting up the screen is not working.

I have no idea what to do, I tried going into recovery/download mode, removing the battery, trying to get it recognized in Odin, nothing works.

Did I just ruin my phone? :/

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, find it & try the 'jump start' method (try to start the phone with the charger minus the battery), then try a jig.

If those things don't work, service centre or local mobile repair shop for diagnosis; most likely scenario is motherboard replacement, unless it is a case of the screen dying coincidentally which is highly unlikely given what happened.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?