Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Install SuperNexus 4.0 - I9100 - Build 1

Tip us?

elrengo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to Install SuperNexus 4.0 - I9100 - Build 1

Hi!

I'm a owner of Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100. I always installed a stock unbranded firmware. The last firmwares I installed using MobileOdin from phone. I'm not at advance user for flashing and modding the phone. I never do a wipe or something more advance. My phone is rooted, because MobileOdin allow that.

Now I would like to install the SuperNexus 4.0 - I9100 - Build 1 firmware. I thinks is I looking for a lite firmware with out bloatware and a update Android version.

Reading the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583611 I have some doubts.

The instruction are:

Instructions:
First time installing SuperNexus 4.0 to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM into your internal SD Card
- Boot into Recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Flash SuperNexus ROM
- Flash Google Apps package
- Reboot your device

It is possible to install the with MobileOdin this firmware?

If not, I have installed: Room Manager from play.google.com (Premium) for my phone, that is needit?
The flash SuperNexus ROM and Google Apps is at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

dudders007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrengo View Post
Instructions:
First time installing SuperNexus 4.0 to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM into your internal SD Card
- Boot into Recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Flash SuperNexus ROM
- Flash Google Apps package
- Reboot your device

It is possible to install the with MobileOdin this firmware?

If not, I have installed: Room Manager from play.google.com (Premium) for my phone, that is needit?
The flash SuperNexus ROM and Google Apps is at the same time?

Thanks in advance!
The instructions are quite simple and straight forward... Just follow it.. u dont e1 need a pc to flaash the rom into ur phone. Y try odin when u can do it with just the phone???
And Rom manager is not needed for this..

Turn the phone off first. And then boot(turn ur phone on) into recovery mode as mentioned in the instructions by keeping al 3 buttons(vol up + home + power) pressed..
ur phone then boots into recovery.. 'Wipe data and factory reset' option can b seen right ther.. Jus select it..
once done,

(u might hav to flash a kk supporting kernel b4 flashin the supernexus rom.. u can get this here.
Flash tn from ur sdcard by selecting 'install zip' option and selecting the kernel file. Once done, goto advanced->reboot recovery. Once it reboots,)

goto 'instal zip' again and select the supernexus rom zip file there and wait for it to complete flashing..

then goto advanced->wipe dalwik cache.

then flash gapps in a similar way and again wipe dalvik cache and then reboot system from main recovery menu.

Its quite simple!

all the best!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudders007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
^^^^
Good advice.

Also, OP - remove Rom Manager from your phone right now. Unless you'd like to end up with bootloop, busted recovery & possible data loss (caused by not doing backups & having to do a factory reset in order to fix your phone). Rom Manager does not play nice with the I9100.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elrengo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! I installed with out issues the ROM. It's great. My major doubt was how to update de CWM.
Again, thanks!

elrengo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I need to resolve the camera issue, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2583611&page=8, the message #73.
I try to delete o remplace the camera apk and is not possible. I am using ES File Explorer with root privilegies but I can rename, delete or copy to /system/apps directory.

I need to use other application?

thanks!

fanta182
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Supernexus 4 installation gone wrong on i9300

Hi

My i9300 was on CM10.2 and I tried to update it to Supernexus 4.0. I followed all steps but forgot to do a data wipe. Now my phone is unable to reboot. I am able to go to different modes using vol up, down and start and home button.

Please help.........SOS.

Myself5
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta182 View Post
Hi

My i9300 was on CM10.2 and I tried to update it to Supernexus 4.0. I followed all steps but forgot to do a data wipe. Now my phone is unable to reboot. I am able to go to different modes using vol up, down and start and home button.

Please help.........SOS.
Reboot to recovery (Vol Up+ Home+Power) and wipe data.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Want us to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.