No registration required

[Q] How to root Omnirom kernel

OP k4ktus

13th May 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hello guys
b4 i tell my problem id like to apologize in case that this was already discussed or in case my knowledge of android aint yet "high" enough.
To understand me fully ill write the whole story that ive done on my mobile in the quote.

Quote:

P/s: its for my 1st time having an android in my hands.. so all my knowledge gained was during yesterday and today.

Yesterday i received the S2 i9100M from canada with gingerbread and sim locked.
Later that day, after i done a little reasearch on forums.. i succeed to root and unblock it ( sim unblock) - used galaxy_s unlock
Cz my CWM was ver 4. i wasnt been able to install OmniROm (kitkat 4.4.2)
Today, i installed a jelly bean version, and install a CWM ver that fits kitkat ~ though i dont know reallly how it changed by it self to TWRP.
After this .. i installed omnirom and gapps (standard pack).
And here is now the problem, i can't unlock again the sim.
As far i understood.. though when turning on the mobile it gives me yellow triangle, that the kernel is not fully rooted (?) ~ also downloaded an application from market, dont remember the name.. but used the same one yeasterday to see if it was rooted or not.
But, IF i want to unlock sim.. i got to have it rooted so id have the possbility to run the superuser and the galaxy_s unlock application.

ps: also i deleted the files that were stored by galaxy_s unlock application, and that causes error in aplication even after reinstalling it. ~ however i hope this is gonna be fixed after flashing the rom again and wipe...

So the question is : How to root the kernel which is installed by Omnirom ?
Sadly.. i didnt understand much about kernels.. so i ask you how to go through this problem with unlocking the sim..
Meanwhile.. id really like to stay on omni, cz i really like it ~ the simplicity, but in case that there is no chance to stay on it cz of the simcard.. im prepared to use other roms as well (but still preferably kitkat).
14th May 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
update
Heelllo again
since i had no ideas from you, i decided by my self to try instal cyanogenmod rom since it has the option of root. ~ instalation completed and root works as well.
But now.. the the biggest problem i have.. is cz i can't unlock the sim :@
tried Galaxy_s unlock from helzing(?) but it didnt work out.
tried .. galaxy S2 sim unlock and the app stops at 4/5 ~ the application seems its crashing
also tried one more application (dont remember the name) but it wants to pay 3 dollars to install pro version , while guaranteeing me that it has a code for me ~ and i doubt about this.

Any ideas ?
Ps: sorry in case i shouldnt post again here
15th May 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 189

1,685 posts
Try *#06* in dailer,does that return your imei?

Ans on a side note,omnirom is rooted,you just have to enable it in developer settings,because its set to off as a default

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app
15th May 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon2112

Try *#06* in dailer,does that return your imei?

Ans on a side note,omnirom is rooted,you just have to enable it in developer settings,because its set to off as a default

After i entered what u said, it said me : mobile network not available ..
ohh.. well i tried to find it in developer settings.. but seems like i was to tired to find em .. however on CM i made the root working... but as ive said b4... none of the applications work =(
15th May 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 189

1,685 posts
Im sorry to say but you lost your IMEI please follow thread that adresses that issue

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app
15th May 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Unhappy im so dumb ;@
Quote:

Im sorry to say but you lost your IMEI please follow thread that adresses that issue

Hehe... i didn't =D
u gave me wrong code =D ~ *#06* , BUT its *#06#, thats the reason it gave me that error.
However, now i flashed to jelly bean, and now again to CM (damn kitkat is da best)

Tried again those 2 applications : Galaxy S unlock and Galaxy s2 simunlock
1st.. didn't work =(
2nd.. stopped working at 4/5 process

Is there any other way to do it for free ?
Last edited by k4ktus; 15th May 2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to k4ktus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #7  
Flag east
Thanks Meter: 3,175

5,608 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...k-via-t1064978 may work may not. This is for i9100 so do it at you're very own risk.
15th May 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Cool ThX
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...k-via-t1064978 may work may not. This is for i9100 so do it at you're very own risk.

ThX, though yeah.. i saw this thread already, but hoped theres a easier and faster method =D (since im kinda in hurry while being w/o mobile to be called/to call)
Well.. probably ill try it later in evening if ill find some free time, and hope this its gonna work.
if it worked for others thn it might work for this one as well.. i hopefully hope =D
15th May 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Cool update
Quote:

well today i installed this rom again, to see.. if i really was so sleepy and didn't see the rooting possibility.
well in anycase.. i didn't find it again. dunno, maybe i missed it somehow, but i doubt there is this chance.
In CM this option for root its easy to find, didn't have same luck/success with omnirom.

~~~
Meanwhile.. i was shocked when i used CM for a while.. just to try it... Battery had 80%, did a reboot and had only 20% -_-
Happend this to me more times, though not more such in big differences, and i can't tell the same to had it on omni.

~~~~
back to my problems...
after trying to get simunlock on : CM kitkat, Omnirom kitkat, Jellybean & Icecream, everytime had the same failure procedure, tried each for at least 3 times.. (i also mean that i totally wiped the system, install the rom, and try again)
in the end of the day, i tried to get on the stock ROM and it worked (gingerbread) ~ used Galaxy S unlock

Now the question is ...
How to install any newer ROM (preferably kitkat xD) w/o loosing the network access ? =D
Sorry if this had been already somewhere posted, haven't yet seen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread