Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 42,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to separate SMS ringtone from notification sound?

Tip us?
 
Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast
Old
#1  
Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 564
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default [Q] How to separate SMS ringtone from notification sound?

Hey,

I like stock SMS app but one thing is a bit annoying - I like to have SMS delivery reports but I'd like to set for it other sound or mute it...

I set SMS sound, but I'd like to mute notification (SMS delivery) tone. As far I know I am not able to do this? Any hack perhaps?

Other SMS apps like Go SMS, Handcent I do not like, so they aren't being taken into consideration
 
ctomgee
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 903
Posts: 3,572
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast View Post
Hey,

I like stock SMS app but one thing is a bit annoying - I like to have SMS delivery reports but I'd like to set for it other sound or mute it...

I set SMS sound, but I'd like to mute notification (SMS delivery) tone. As far I know I am not able to do this? Any hack perhaps?

Other SMS apps like Go SMS, Handcent I do not like, so they aren't being taken into consideration
Wha? This isn't hard... Open Messaging app, Menu > Settings, scroll to the bottom.
 
Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast
Old
#3  
Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 564
Join Date: Aug 2011
I wrote it would change SMS tone too which is pointless ;]
 
oinkylicious
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 713
Posts: 1,847
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctomgee View Post
Wha? This isn't hard... Open Messaging app, Menu > Settings, scroll to the bottom.
You either ignored or didn't understand what the OP asked for.
 
ctomgee
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 903
Posts: 3,572
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkylicious View Post
You either ignored or didn't understand what the OP asked for.
Yeah, I missed the part where he was specifically asking about just the delivery notification tone. Sorry OP.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes