Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to update CM11

Tip us?

lferlito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default How to update CM11

if i go to the setting panel on my S2, and i select update CM (i've got a nightly)..

1) it update and replace the "original" CM11
or
2) it update just the modified CM11 by infected??

thanks to everyone

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 54
not sure what you wanted to ask. cyandelta works only on official cm roms and the one infected_ has compiled does not have OTA ( as far as i know because its unofficial ) if you are on official nightlies or stable releases , you can update cm11 by cyandelta or manually by flashing the rom via recovery . correct me if i am wrong and all the best
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lferlito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts View Post
not sure what you wanted to ask. cyandelta works only on official cm roms and the one infected_ has compiled does not have OTA ( as far as i know because its unofficial ) if you are on official nightlies or stable releases , you can update cm11 by cyandelta or manually by flashing the rom via recovery . correct me if i am wrong and all the best
on my S2 i've got CM11 by infected.
i don't have cyan delta but if i go to the "search for update" in the setting panel, it starts to download something.
it starts downloading the latest nightly rom.
but i don't know what it's downloading, the official or infected's rom. this is the question!

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 54
the rom it downloads must be the latest nightly by infected_ as he compiles and too uploads nightlies . Those are not official nightlies and are infected_ 's builds. I guess OTA updates were introduced in his builds too !
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !