Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9100 NAND write fail, but in a very strange fashion.

Tip us?

InterNovas
Old
(Last edited by InterNovas; 19th February 2014 at 02:48 PM.) Reason: Forgot to mention, that durin the install of CM11 it threw the error status 7.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] i9100 NAND write fail, but in a very strange fashion.

GS II i9100
Note: Warranty is already expired

Before I write anything further, I have been trying to get the most I can out of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1457458

Sadly, I can't seem to wrap my head around this problem, so here goes:

Yesterday I've found out, that the new CM11 came out. Of course I went off to download it, put it in my phone and started to install it through recovery (I had siyah at that time). Well, it failed, must've been corrupt or something, since I got the error status 7. Anyways, while exiting the install screen, siyah asked me, if I want to repair something, because something may have gotten corrupt (Sorry, can't remember the exact thing). Being the sloppy person I am, I clicked yes.

Five minutes later, after going back to stock firmware, because apparently during the install something did go corrupt, and the phone wouldn't boot, only play the boot sound, I've read, that I need the newest CWM for CM11 to work.

Another five minutes later I'm staring at this:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> philz_touch_6.07.9-i9100.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!

I've tried changing computers, kicking KIES out through the window, using different USB slots and cables, but to no avail. It just keeps throwing this error at me every time I try to install anything through Odin. The strangest part is, though, that the phone is working perfectly fine.

What could be the problem, and if it is possible, how do I fix it?
Another quick note would be my counter in the download screen of my SII. It's 12 (yeah, I know, I kept forgetting about it, but now, since I'm unable to install anything through Odin, I can't even root the phone and reset the damn thing)

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 3,015
Don't flash nothing to this phone. Be happy it works or get rid of it while it does still works. Seen this before and this is the first stage of mb failure. Trust me don't flash nothing to this phone and get rid of it. If not start reading about the pit file

InterNovas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright View Post
Don't flash nothing to this phone. Be happy it works or get rid of it while it does still works. Seen this before and this is the first stage of mb failure. Trust me don't flash nothing to this phone and get rid of it. If not start reading about the pit file
And apparently, this is now happening:

Baseband version - XXMS2
Build - XWLSS

I think I may have messed it up a little...

InterNovas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please close the thread

This thread can be closed.

Should anyone need this:
After losing patience spending hours on the phone I have decided to JTAG it... Ant it worked. The phone is running like a charm now.