Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9100 is it ok if i update cwm 6.0.3.2 to 6.0.4.7

Tip us?

ajieyap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] I9100 is it ok if i update cwm 6.0.3.2 to 6.0.4.7

Hi i have a question i read here in forums that before you flash a kitkat rom you need first cwm version is 6.0.4.7 higher i have philz touch 5 and my cwm version is 6.0.3.2 how can i update my cwm to 6.0.4.7 im sorry im newbie tia and godbless

treysis
Old
(Last edited by treysis; 30th June 2014 at 01:37 PM.) Reason: removed full quote
Thanks Meter 0
If you want to flash KitKat, then I suggest you just follow the guide on cyanogenmod.org. In the howto, they provide you with the download link for the correct custom recovery and also how to apply it to your phone. I also had an old CWM version before and so the installation of CM11 failed. After I flashed the one from the guide, it just worked!

Here's the link:
h**p://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_i9100 (sorry, I'm not allowed yet to post links!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I don't know if a different kernel (like the PhilZ touch) also removes the superbrick bug. So maybe you shouldn't do a factory reset after putting the new CWM. I did it with mine, it didn't brick. Maybe I was lucky (had a rootet phone before, don't remember though which kernel).