Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] i9100 shows white screen, can't get into recovery mode

OP ansariaamir_leo

19th May 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have recently rooted my phone and using MIUI and Siyah-s2-v6.0b4 Kernel. I followed steps from a tutorial. It was working fine until yesterday. I was on Instagram when the phone froze on that screen. I left it as it is. It stayed like that for some time and then it rebooted automatically. The phone shows initial Samsung Galaxy S2 screen and after that it goes blank. The boot animation doesn't load. If the press the Home Key 4 times, it shows a bright white screen continuously and stays like that. And the screen turns off when I press the home screen 4 times. Nothing else happens. When I try to get into recovery mode it gives me error Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. The phone worked perfectly and suddenly this happened. I had tried updating when I got the MIUI update notification. It downloaded the update, rebooted the phone automatically and phone started normally and I got the update notification again. Please help me fix my phone. I need it as soon as possible. And sorry if I posted in the wrong section.
19th May 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
Download stock rom for country/carrier from Samfirmware, boot into download mode, flash with Odin following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware', problems with flash = find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, it has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

Once you've done that, re-root your phone & restore nandroid backup or re-flash custom rom/kernel & start again.

But frankly, you should already know this stuff if you're modding your phone. Not knowing how to recover when things go wrong (and they do for everyone sooner or later) potentially leaves you without a working phone for hours (at least), especially given S2 Q&A doesn't get as many posters or people answering other people's questions as it used to.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Download stock rom for country/carrier from Samfirmware, boot into download mode, flash with Odin following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware', problems with flash = find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, it has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

Once you've done that, re-root your phone & restore nandroid backup or re-flash custom rom/kernel & start again.

But frankly, you should already know this stuff if you're modding your phone. Not knowing how to recover when things go wrong (and they do for everyone sooner or later) potentially leaves you without a working phone for hours (at least), especially given S2 Q&A doesn't get as many posters or people answering other people's questions as it used to.

Have downloaded the stock ROM, tried flashing it but it got stuck on

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLST_I9100ODDLSE_I9100DDLS9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> boot.bin
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!

No progress after this point.
19th May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,585

2,300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansariaamir_leo

Have downloaded the stock ROM, tried flashing it but it got stuck on

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLST_I9100ODDLSE_I9100DDLS9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> boot.bin
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!

No progress after this point.

Did you even read what my thread said? Or what MistahBungle wrote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

problems with flash = find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, it has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

The whole purpose of my thread is to troubleshoot Odin flashing errors. Time to read it and do what it says. As MistahBungle says, there's nothing missed out in that thread. If, after trying everything in that thread multiple times, you don't get it to 'take' a flash, then time for a service centre/new motherboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
OK...

You're obviously not someone who pays attention to the help they're given, so I'm going to repeat what I said in my last post once, and then I'm not posting to this thread again...

'Problems with flash = find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, it has all the info you need to get a successful flash'.

If you want your phone fixed, you go through as many of the troubleshooting steps in Hopper's thread as many times as you need to.

You are the only person who can fix it. We can't fix it for you. I've given you the tools to fix it, go fix it. Or not. I don't care. But I can guarantee you one thing, if all you do is post 'But it won't work !' to this thread when I've given you the tools to get it fixed, your phone will probably still be busted this time tomorrow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread