OP caifaz

17th April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #31  
Flag Dhanbad
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago.schumann

In fact, factory reset didn't work for me. But for those SGS2 owners who are not afraid of using a custom kernel, there may be a solution. It seems that the problem was fixed on SiyahKernel v3.1rc2 and above. I'm using it for the last three days and the problem does not occur anymore.

SiyahKernel v3.1rc2
Posted on April 13, 2012
Changelog:

removed 1600MHz and 100MHz steps
merged with cm9 sources (some patches for at&t version and lots of cleanups/rewrites. thanks to teamhacksung and Entropy512)
updated the build script a little to fix the module loading issues (which is, by the way, the main root of wifi toggling issues)

how about now? it works?
18th April 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 55

809 posts
More
i thought factory reset fixed this issue. it happened to me again once after my all apps FCed and did reset.

i now trying if this will happen again by setting the wifi to 2.4ghz. i read it here somewhere.
18th April 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
More
Using siyah kernel for the last 5 days and the problem didn't happend anymore. Went back to speedmod kernel today and the problem appeared again. I reaaly think siyah kernel has solved it, for those who tried with no success, i recommend flash it again but run a kernel cleaning script before.
19th April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #34  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
More
I am facing same wifi freezing issue on Siyah v3.1rc5 kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to mohsan87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #35  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 2,346

1,202 posts
Why do you people use Siyah and complain?
JUST USE THE STOCK KERNEL
19th April 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 18

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorator

Why do you people use Siyah and complain?
JUST USE THE STOCK KERNEL

THE STOCK KERNEL HAS THE WIFI BUG!

Give the guy a break - he wasn't complaining, merely pointing out that for him the Siyah kernel does not solve the wifi bug. Pretty useful information given that earlier posts are suggesting this might be a solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Anderson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #37  
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm having this issue since I have updated to ICS Official through KIES and the special fact that a few days ago when I was going to my work, I forgot the Wifi powered On. lol

I have noted that it always occur when I don't use Wifi for a few hours, then when I try to activate it, it freezes and the only solution is take off the battery. My suggestions are:

1) Before activate Wifi, Reload the wifi driver typing *#*#526#*#* (source: hxxp://androidadvices.com/fix-android-wifi-problems-connection-issues).
2) If it doesn't work Restart the phone before activate it.
3) Try some custom kernel (Siyah, N.E.A.K. and etc) .

Btw, Factory reset doesn't fix it.

Maybe switching Wifi Sleep policy to "only when conected" in "Settings > Wifi > Advanced can be a workaround too. I'm trying this now and will keep you informed.
20th April 2012, 01:23 PM   |  #38  
Flag Dhanbad
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaMod

I have noted that it always occur when I don't use Wifi for a few hours, then when I try to activate it, it freezes and the only solution is take off the battery.

Exactly! I've tried almost all the offcial fw <<with full wipes evrytime, even USB storage wipe! had to reinstall from backup 4 times in 5 days.. frustating!>> and was getting that annoying bug everytime, until i was on XWLP4. Bug was still there but switching airplane mode on/off worked on it and i managed to put a uptime of 150 hrs on my phone without having to restart.

Then i flashed CF Root LPS and airplane mode on/off wasn't working anymore.

Not wanting to live with that bug anymore, i wiped everything again one final time and reflashed stock LP4. Bug is still there but it now goes on 4 days without any freeze, then it freezes and i have to restart again and now again its working for 3 days in a row. Atleast its not as frustating as restating every 12 hrs. -- And that was what i did for last 15 days!

Haven't tried Siyah kernel yet, some report its working and some not. I'm tired of flashing now.
20th April 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 62

630 posts
Happen to me with XWLP7 XEN and Cf root.
Activating wifi direct do the trick but every times i try to reconnect 2/3 times get it stuck. Only reboot avoid the problem for a while.
20th April 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #40  
Account currently disabled
Flag Iraq
Thanks Meter: 432

220 posts
your on the wrong ics rom
your on the wrong rom, the rom you are on is old, its most likely has bugs, the 2 best ics roms out there are HyDrOG3N ROM and D4 ROM
to find them use the search engine

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread