5,605,120 Members 37,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Im having a hard time installing kitkat roms, helppp

Tip us?
 
Poroto
Old
(Last edited by Poroto; 21st January 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 263
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default [SOLVED] Im having a hard time installing kitkat roms, helppp

Heyyy, so i just came back to android and felt like flashing some kitkat roms so as to enjoy those cool features kitkat offers..i'm currently running stock 4.1.2 JB.

as far as im concerned, first i should flash a rooted+cwm kernel through odin (which i flashed latest siyah for JB)... that went smooth and i got rooted and got cwm, problem is when i want to actually install any rom... I continually get "installation aborted" and the only way to make my phone usable again is to flash a stock firmware through odin.

any ideas ? thanks !

PD: I tried installing the "kitkat cwm compatible" thingy both through odin and through cwm, it did flash correctly, but phone fails to boot. if you dont get this last thing.. its this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546597

hope anyone out there can give me a hand since im tired of running stock :'(
 
khyriel
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Thumbs up check the OP again

have you read the OP before flashing KK custom rom. maybe u miss some part to flash it.
 
AndDiSa
Old
#3  
AndDiSa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 1,509
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Heidelberg
You can flash philz kernel on to of your stock JB to get root and recovery (no need to use Odin, you can flash through standard recovery). Then do a backup of your rom and after that flash a cwm-recovery >6.0.4.x (this is needed to be able to install s KitKat ROM). Boot directly after flashing into that recovery, wipe system and data and install KitKat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

1. Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100, CM-11-UNOFFICIAL-i9100 (ADS-build)

2. Phone: G1
Rom: IcedADS_Magpie Gingerbread (2.3.7) based on ezGingerbread and Firerat's magpie
Recovery: Amon RA-Dream-v1.7.0 (MTD:90/2/114, 1.33.0013)
Radio: 2.22.28.25 SPL: 1.33.0013d SD Card: 8GB Class 6 - ~7.2GB Fat32 / ~500MB Ext3

Nexus 7 (16GB), Android 4.4.2 (Rooted Stock)
Follow me on AndDiSa Android Blog.


Get 20 GB(!) of cloud space using copy.com
 
Poroto
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 263
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa View Post
You can flash philz kernel on to of your stock JB to get root and recovery (no need to use Odin, you can flash through standard recovery). Then do a backup of your rom and after that flash a cwm-recovery >6.0.4.x (this is needed to be able to install s KitKat ROM). Boot directly after flashing into that recovery, wipe system and data and install KitKat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the info, i went to the philz kernel thread but i cannot seem to know which file should i download, he says i should look at the kernel code or something like that but i fail to find such thing, any idea ? pleasee. thanks
 
Christiaan91
Old
#5  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 949
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto View Post
Thanks for the info, i went to the philz kernel thread but i cannot seem to know which file should i download, he says i should look at the kernel code or something like that but i fail to find such thing, any idea ? pleasee. thanks
Look in settings - about phone (or take a screenshot and post it here)
Search and read before asking questions!
 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
 
Poroto
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 263
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91 View Post
Look in settings - about phone (or take a screenshot and post it here)
There goes the screenshot! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-21-11-18-02.png
Views:	28
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2530001  
 
Christiaan91
Old
(Last edited by Christiaan91; 21st January 2014 at 02:41 PM.)
#7  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 949
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto View Post
There goes the screenshot! Thanks!
I've got more information there.
Do you know what firmware you installed?
Or you can flash dorimanx kernel through Odin. It also gives you root access. Download this:
Kernel_Dorimanx-V8.43-[12-21]-[24-10]-TAR-FOR-ODIN.tar
If you don't know how to flash it through Odin, look in the op of the dorimanx kernel thread. Just above the download links it's explained.
After that follow the instructions from AndDiSa by flashing a kitkat compatible cwm etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Search and read before asking questions!
 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
 
Poroto
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 263
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91 View Post
I've got more information there.
Do you know what firmware you installed?
Or you can flash dorimanx kernel through Odin. It also gives you root access. Download this:
Kernel_Dorimanx-V8.43-[12-21]-[24-10]-TAR-FOR-ODIN.tar
If you don't know how to flash it through Odin, look in the op of the dorimanx kernel thread. Just above the download links it's explained.
After that follow the instructions from AndDiSa by flashing a kitkat compatible cwm etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
i did that and now im running kitkat resurrection remix ! thanks a bunch !!

Solved .
 
Christiaan91
Old
#9  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 949
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto View Post
i did that and now im running kitkat resurrection remix ! thanks a bunch !!

Solved .
Good to hear. Please add [SOLVED] to the thread title.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Search and read before asking questions!
 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
 
Poroto
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 263
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91 View Post
Good to hear. Please add [SOLVED] to the thread title.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Done.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...