[Q]killing apps with back-button. Need to change the Timeout

Search This thread

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
HI,

I use the latest (nightly) PAC-ROM for my i9100. Android Version 4.4.4

After unlocking the developer options I activated the option to kill applications then long-pressing the soft-back-button.

But the timeout is to high. I have to press the back button for approx 2 seconds!

On my last ROM this was like 500ms and the workflow was much better with it, as I make multible fast clicks and have to close apps really fast some times.

Can anyone show me a way how I can change this timeout ?

I know there are apps that can do that, but then possible I just want to change a value to keep my ROM slim. Also I have already an Xposed module, that gives me the torch on long pressing home and I dont know how app doing same stuff interfere together. Dont want to risk unnecessary wake-locks and so on.

Is there a way to simply change a value to manage this? Does anyone know a good Tweaking Tool, where I can costumize this hidden/expert settings ? (the tweak tool should let every settings untouched, unless I change it in that app)

Thx for any help.

revnu

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
HI,

I use the latest (nightly) PAC-ROM for my i9100. Android Version 4.4.4

After unlocking the developer options I activated the option to kill applications then long-pressing the soft-back-button.

But the timeout is to high. I have to press the back button for approx 2 seconds!

On my last ROM this was like 500ms and the workflow was much better with it, as I make multible fast clicks and have to close apps really fast some times.

Can anyone show me a way how I can change this timeout ?

I know there are apps that can do that, but then possible I just want to change a value to keep my ROM slim. Also I have already an Xposed module, that gives me the torch on long pressing home and I dont know how app doing same stuff interfere together. Dont want to risk unnecessary wake-locks and so on.

Is there a way to simply change a value to manage this? Does anyone know a good Tweaking Tool, where I can costumize this hidden/expert settings ? (the tweak tool should let every settings untouched, unless I change it in that app)

Thx for any help.

revnu

I think you should post this on the PAC thread... But just to answer you:

Try going in Settings > Accesibility > Touch and Hold Delay...

I don't know if that feature is in your current ROM, since I'm on Slim... But better check it out... ;)

And next time, post questions on Q&A Section please. Follow the rules and stuff... :good:

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
Try going in Settings > Accesibility > Touch and Hold Delay...

I tried changing htat, but it has no effect on long-press-time then killing apps.

Isnt there a way to simply change an value like itz possible in regedit/windows ?

I deactivated the boot-animation of the PAC-ROM the same they, just edited a textfile.

If someone knows there this value is, that would be great.

greetz revnu

ps: I already posted a request on PAC-forum, but they are not active there so much