Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Full landscape email reading view?

Tip us?

ianjd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Full landscape email reading view?

The GS2's email view in landscape mode is similar to the Galaxy Tab's, with a list of emails to the left, and a view of the selected email on the right. However, whereas on the Tab you can expand the email view to full width, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it on the GS2. It's handy to have the full-width view sometimes for poorly formatted or graphics-heavy emails, so is there a way to expand the view to full-width I've missed? Or do I need to install a third party email client?

sohanlon07
Old
Thanks Meter 22
The gmail app doesn't use this feature if you are using gmail that is. It gives you full landscape view.
Samsung Galaxy S2
Get Free Storage on Dropbox and help a guy get some extra space. Just click here!!
Follow me on Twitter
Facebook
Google Plus
LinkedIn

ianjd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks, but I mostly use a work Exchange and a third party IMAP account, so I guess I'm looking at K-9 or Improved Mail. A bit of a shame, as I like the two-pane landscape view, but not all the time.

plaut
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianjd View Post
is there a way to expand the view to full-width I've missed? Or do I need to install a third party email client?
Unselect "Split View Mode" at the very bottom of the Settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to plaut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ianjd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Ah, that's great, thanks! Can't think how I missed it before.