Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

.m4a missing artist tag?

Tip us?

amjb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default .m4a missing artist tag?

Is it me or does the SGS2 not show the artist tag in .m4a files? whats going on?
The Following User Says Thank You to amjb71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raymond77
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I installed PowerAmp, it's the only music app I could find that shows all of the tags and artwork for my iTunes music files (m4a's).
Nexus 7 - July 2012
Lumia 920 - December 2012

amjb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Mine still has missing tags? every other phone I've had has been fine? what have samsung done? and why??

the tag is still there when I load it back to iTunes, but something on the phone is stopping the tag being seen, very strange?

Crucio_
Old
Thanks Meter 78
havent been using .m4a files yet but will try some out tonight when i get home from work. tried any other media player such as winamp? maybe a tag problem with PowerAMP?

amjb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've used Doubletwist, Winamp, PowerAMP, and a tag editor to see what wrong, all do the same thing, can't figure it out, and the SGS2 guide it says plays .m4a's but its the only android phone I've seen this on?

Ayrlupine
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You could always sync with Winamp and tell it to transcode .m4a into another format during sync, it's in the device properties when your phone is plugged in!

amjb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I could, but important now using spotify and synchronized my playlists, crazy but works.

I still don't understand why the sgs2 won't see the tags on m4a files? My nexus s and desire s do? Strange Samsung idea maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Ayrlupine
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I don't know, but I'm hoping it's easily fixed... I've just sold my iPod Touch so I can use the SGSII as my music player when I get it! Ripped some of my favourite CDs to .flac as well for the best music quality

amjb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well if you find out, let me know, its bugging me, and seams to make a great phone, a bit second rate!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

Ayrlupine
Old
(Last edited by Ayrlupine; 7th May 2011 at 01:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Just got my SGSII yesterday... my m4a tags are fine! Not sure what's happening with yours D:

EDIT: I was totally wrong, the artist didn't show up. Luckily I had like one album in m4a format, so I changed it to mp3 and everything's fine now! Just missing a few album arts here and there, but I think that's more a Winamp problem than a problem with the SGSII