Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I messed up something (black screen). Need help!

OP psydex

23rd June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 15

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
I knew I'll break it one day so no big surprise here.

Let me start from the beginning. I was testing a new ROM (C-ROM to be exact) but i didn't like it's using TWRP (I hate this thing, i'm used to CWM), so I tried installing CWM by using ROM Manager so I can restore from my Nandroid backup. Despite the "success" message of ROM Manager - the phone kept booting into TWRP recovery so i googled a "flashable cwm zip" and found this: CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5 for Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 ZIP

I flashed the above zip using TWRP (success message followed) but when i rebooted the phone - NOTHING came up. I thought myself i bricked it but i managed to go to download mode.

Where do i go from here? I guess i'll have to use PC Odin from here but i don't know what to do exactly (i'm not power user).
23rd June 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
C'mon...You don't know how to flash a rom with Odin ? Not like it's a great secret, you don't need to be a 'power user', this info is easily found by searching (or even looking in the thread stickied near the top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware').

Get a stock rom from Samfirmware, flash it with instructions in that thread. Problems with Odin flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

Edit - Also, it was Rom Manager that broke your recovery. Don't use it. Yes, you may have been using it for a long time without problems, but that changed today, didn't it ? Eventually what happened to you will happen to everyone who uses Rom Manager on the I9100. It's unnecessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

C'mon...You don't know how to flash a rom with Odin ? Not like it's a great secret, you don't need to be a 'power user', this info is easily found by searching (or even looking in the thread stickied near the top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware').

Get a stock rom from Samfirmware, flash it with instructions in that thread. Problems with Odin flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

I only need to know what needs to be done so i don't brick my phone in the process. I only need to boot to CWM recovery so i can restore my nandroid.
23rd June 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 8,825

6,925 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psydex

I only need to know what needs to be done so i don't brick my phone in the process. I only need to boot to CWM recovery so i can restore my nandroid.

1) Flash stock rom using 'ODIN'

2) Search for 'Philz' kernel thread and fallow instruction there to 'Root' your 'Stock Rom'.

3) then u can try its recovery to restore the 'Nand bkp' .

4) if the Bkp rom is KK then flash a KK compatible kernel and then try restoring the Nand bkp.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun90

1) Flash stock rom using 'ODIN'

2) Search for 'Philz' kernel thread and fallow instruction there to 'Root' your 'Stock Rom'.

3) then u can try its recovery to restore the 'Nand bkp' .

4) if the Bkp rom is KK then flash a KK compatible kernel and then try restoring the Nand bkp.

I'll try - thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
black screen, cwm, galaxy s2, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread