Mobile connection issues

Search This thread

DobyMick

Feb 19, 2014
Hi.

Im on Resurrection Remix 5.1.5
My mobile connection has being going on and off more and more frequently and is now dead. WIFI is ok.
I have done a number of things to troubleshoot this issue, but nothing seems to help.
Now all I see is the empty, black triangle where the bars used to be.

attachment.php

This was done while I momentarily had mobile connection:

I have turned mobile network on and off numerous of times.
Location doesnt matter. Right now Im in a well covered area.
I have reinstalled modem. Im on xxms4.
GetRIL tells that modem and RIL doesnt match, so I tried switching RIL. That disabled mobile connection completely.
I have tried reinstalling OS.

I didnt check while it worked, but now it turns out that I dont have an APN. When I enter a new (description from my carrier) and press "save" it doesnt save at all.

After mobile network died I disassembled the phone to look for bad connections etc. It all looked fine. Phone works, but network is still dead.

Could it be the sim card?

Plz help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-20-18-22-011.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-20-18-22-011.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:

DobyMick

Feb 19, 2014
Whats the average views to reply ratio here? :D

Fun apart.
I really would appreciate any suggestion on what could be the culprit here.
Im reluctant to invest $20 in a new sim card if I have to ditch the phone and get a new one, that uses a different sim card size.

I did some further investigation.
I tried my sim in old cell phone and it didnt detect it. Maybe incompatibility or a clue to a broken sim. I dont know.
I tried some different modems xxls8 and xxls9.

Cheers,

Last edited:

DobyMick

Feb 19, 2014
I have to say Im a bit disappointed about this forum.
I made a request more then a week ago about a faulty phone/sim card. Not even a single reply to help me sort this out.
I am usually not the person who conplains a lot, but I am on other fora only a fraction of this one, where responses comes within hours or minutes.
Thought this was the best place to get help with Resurrection Remix. I was wrong.

Dont bother respond to this thread, I will unsubscribe.