FORUMS

[Q] National data roaming in CyanogenMod 11 doesn't work.

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dzeju555, Junior Member on 12th April 2014, 10:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. Yesterday I installed latest nightly version of CyanogenMod 11. Before this, I was using [LINARO/SABERMOD] unofficial CyanogenMod 11 but I had problem with data roaming. I thought that in official build this isue had been solved. Unfortunetely, my data transfer still doesn't work. In the place where I live, there is very weak signal and I have to change my operator to another one manually. The problem is, data transfer works only with my parent network. I enabled data roaming in options menu and I edited build.prop file, where I set dataroaming=true; (although data roaming was enabled, in this file value was set as false). Tell me please, what to do. I don't want to restore stock rom.

3rd January 2015, 06:33 PM |#2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bump! I'm having same problem using CM11 4.4.4 (nightlies) for my S3-i9305. My carrier uses its own network but also uses another one as MVNO. Well, I connect HSDPA 3G on its own network but don't when using the MVNO, only Edge/GPRS (2G). Same happens using a SIM from another country, data works but only on Edge/GPRS (2G).
Yes, data roaming is enabled (the proof is that data works, but only 2G not 3G).
Any ideas? Thanks.
3rd January 2015, 09:44 PM |#3  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Solved
Ooops, it results it is a question of bands: the phone does not have all the bands we use here, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeju555

Hi. Yesterday I installed latest nightly version of CyanogenMod 11. Before this, I was using [LINARO/SABERMOD] unofficial CyanogenMod 11 but I had problem with data roaming. I thought that in official build this isue had been solved. Unfortunetely, my data transfer still doesn't work. In the place where I live, there is very weak signal and I have to change my operator to another one manually. The problem is, data transfer works only with my parent network. I enabled data roaming in options menu and I edited build.prop file, where I set dataroaming=true; (although data roaming was enabled, in this file value was set as false). Tell me please, what to do. I don't want to restore stock rom.

3rd January 2015, 10:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
@DrZeju555
Are u sure that phone is using correct apns ?
Mebay after going to roaming mode phone doent swith to this operator's apn and result is no internet connection.

Wysłane z w pełni zomptymalizowanego Cyano-fonika 11 powered by Gustavo kernel...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)