[Q] No network reception other than on stock ROM
Okay, I am having this problem for past few days. There is a similar thread but the problem is different than what OP faced. I was running Chameleon OS which is stock based ROM for few months now then I decided to change the ROM. I installed NeatROM 7.4 (KK 4.4.4) with full wipe and I noticed that I was unable to receive any network signal.
Initially I thought the problem was only limited to that ROM so tried installing different version of that ROM and still faced the same problem. I changed different ROMs but with no use so I decided to flash back stock ROM through Odin and it worked.
I don't want the stock ROM and my phone doesn't receive any network signals on any other ROM.
Here are the things I've tried and noticed:
- SIM is in working condition.
- Tried other SIM cards.
- IMEI is shown in the phone.
- Mobile network state = Disconnect
- Signal strength = -83 dBm 15 asu (At time of writing, Color OS)
- Phone number says = Unknown
- Service state says = Out of Service
- Only receive network in stock ROM.
- APN settings are fine according to carrier setting (Every ROM automatically sets it accordingly so the SIM is registered. maybe)
- On Color OS, I sometime get signal but I am unable to make or receive any calls.
- Changed modems.
- Tried number of ROMs including C-ROM, NeatROM, Resurrection Remix, Color OS.
- Works on Stock, Floral ROM, Chameleon (First one)
I need help to make my SIM work with custom ROMs. I am using U Mobile (Malaysia).