XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Null IMEI & No Network after Root/Unlock

Tip us?

tonytga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Null IMEI & No Network after Root/Unlock

I have an S2 on the orange network which I unlocked after getting root access through some threads on here. However the phone says null when calling up the IMEI number and cannot recognize a new sim or network.

Can it be saved or shall I just give up hope, trade it in and get a Moto G?

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 48
If you are lucky enough , try finding the backup of your efs folder . If you do find it , you are saved . if not , hard luck . If you see the imei as " unknown " you must have screwed up while unlocking the device and blown up your imei . if you find the efs backup folder , all the best , it can be fixed , if not , experience official kitkat via moto g :grin:
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3026
Many local mobile repair shops should be able to write the IMEI/EFS details back to the device for not much money (Around $40-$50 where I live; I have 3 repairers like this within a 15 minute drive).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

Maniac9331
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Check the external storage for a folder named "0" in it there should be efs tar and txt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app