Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start

Tip us?

silv3rfox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I flashed this: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/190226031/...3_FOP.zip.html
In Odin the only thing selected was auto reboot. All other things were unselected(unthicked).
This is the Odin that i used: Odin3_v1.3.rar
Sry for my english.
Yeah it's the latest JB Stock Rom, tried it, still no pulse

Quote:
try all odins you can get your hands on
Tried Odin 1.7 and the 3.04, still no luck..

I'm not gonna flash a pit file, call me chicken but at least for now it can still reach download mode, maybe it'll make it easier for the guys at customer service to repair it.
I'm not sure if it's hardware or software, but so far after all this flashing this afternoon, I had enough, it's so frustrating that it's not getting past NAND Write Start! I'll try tomorrow morning before going out.

Quote:
OK, one thing is sure. Odin 1.3 does NOT work. It stucks earlier than other version of odin. Not even get to NAND write step
Tell me your updates my friend, I'm thinking of getting a used HTC One X after this, it'll cost me around 230 euros for a used one.
A THANKS is always welcomed

Ex-Devices:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - Went dead after I drowned in a river (True story)
iPhone 3G - Swapped for an XPERIA X10
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 - Gifted to my gf
HTC Sensation - Sold
Samsung i9100 GSII - Bricked, repaired then sold
HTC One X - Sold
Sony XPERIA Z - Sold

kopiko09
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Trying siyah 415 now with odin 1.85. Still no result.
Tried taking off the SD card, some fellows in other forum said it could interfere with the process, no luck.
Tried taking off SIM card, no luck.
What's the risk of using .PIT file?
With the cost of repairing here in Australia, I think I rather take a risk. It is so expensive I think I rather buy another phone if it failed

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1,766
Okay then, here's the thing:

You are about to flash a pit file, this means that you're gonna flash a re-partition, hence you'll be dancing with your internal SD card as well.

You have to flash it via Odin, now, are you guys sure Odin really works or it's just a matter of something (usb, drivers, whatever) corrupted? That's a hell of a question you guys got there, what if Odin fails while flashing a pit file? You can start waving your device bah bye.

Read this, this, that and this before pit ball begins.

Here you got some stock ROMs.

Re-read this thread again.

My advice, at least, give it a final shot at flashing via Windoze (suggested by bungle) or check out this last thread(OP was able to get to recovery mode after a lot of flashing).
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

The Following User Says Thank You to gastonw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engin2yilmaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have that problem too. But, only a few stock roms. I was able to flash Siyah Kernel 5.0.1 with Odin 1.85. On recovery mode (CWM), I had flashed custom rom (CM10.1) Then, I had installed Mobile Odin and mobile odin kernel. After installed, I had flashed Nordic 4.1.2 stock rom from ext sd card (.md5 files) with Odin Mobile. Now, my phone is working very well. But, I don't know about fixed or not fixed my Odin problem. Maybe my Odin problem still have.

Maybe, that problem due from selecting wrong section (PDA, BOOTLOADER, CSC...)
If there is only one rom file, you select only section of PDA. And re-partiton must unselected.

kopiko09
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just took it to local repair centre today. The guy tried to flash it but as I expected, no luck. I have tried another computer, another USB cable as well, so this confirms that mine is not USB, driver, or anything corrupted.

I am reading the threads you mentioned above and it looks like this is going to be complicated. If I understand this correctly, I'm going to need to use ADB tool to access the partition of my mobile. And I'm not sure whether this is possible since it is bricked and can't enter recovery mode.

Please guide me further on this

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
Honestly, sounds like the NAND is stuffed. MB replacement is the usual fix. Given you can still get into DL mode, this may help/you may be able to get it working on your phone. Don't ask me how to use it as I don't know because I've never needed to use it. Everything you need to know is in the thread (ask the creator of the tool if you have questions ?). It may enable you to identify bad blocks & you may be able to work around them/get the phone working. But understand this is indeed a long shot. Chances are you'll still need a new MB.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

kopiko09
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Honestly, sounds like the NAND is stuffed. MB replacement is the usual fix. Given you can still get into DL mode, this may help/you may be able to get it working on your phone. Don't ask me how to use it as I don't know because I've never needed to use it. Everything you need to know is in the thread (ask the creator of the tool if you have questions ?). It may enable you to identify bad blocks & you may be able to work around them/get the phone working. But understand this is indeed a long shot. Chances are you'll still need a new MB.
This scanner needs recovery mode. I only can get into download mode

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
In that case you're borked. Service centre or get a MB from a phone with a broken screen/similar & either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

kopiko09
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
In that case you're borked. Service centre or get a MB from a phone with a broken screen/similar & either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it.
Went to local repair centre mate. They dont have a MB and told me to send to Samsung directly. I'm still trying to understand this PIT method, seemd there is a hope if I can do repartition

silv3rfox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
This scanner needs recovery mode. I only can get into download mode
Check this post
The OP said if you don't know which part of your SD card is screwed you have to try most of the pit files, starting from the lowest.
A THANKS is always welcomed

Ex-Devices:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - Went dead after I drowned in a river (True story)
iPhone 3G - Swapped for an XPERIA X10
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 - Gifted to my gf
HTC Sensation - Sold
Samsung i9100 GSII - Bricked, repaired then sold
HTC One X - Sold
Sony XPERIA Z - Sold

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silv3rfox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]