Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,035 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "OK google"

Tip us?

Ursa Warrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] "OK google"

Hey guys, i am using official cm11 for my GT-i9100. They have released their M-Snapshot build but still i haven't been able to figure out how to activate google now using "ok google". There is a search bar on my homescreen but it doesn't seem to be responding. So unless i go in the google app in the app drawer i can't use ok google to search. Is it just happening on my phone or is it happening on other phones as well?
Please help me. Thanks in advance

Dakura
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I don't know if there is another way, but when you use google experience launcher (GEL) as your launcher, you will be able to say "ok google" on the launcher.
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB
Tablet: Nexus 7 32GB
Old Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung S2 I9100G
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakura For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default Google Experience Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakura View Post
I don't know if there is another way, but when you use google experience launcher (GEL) as your launcher, you will be able to say "ok google" on the launcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Warrior View Post
Hey guys, i am using official cm11 for my GT-i9100. They have released their M-Snapshot build but still i haven't been able to figure out how to activate google now using "ok google". There is a search bar on my homescreen but it doesn't seem to be responding. So unless i go in the google app in the app drawer i can't use ok google to search. Is it just happening on my phone or is it happening on other phones as well?
Please help me. Thanks in advance
yes . . @ Ursa Warrior is right . Cause the launcher which come preinstalled in CM11 is CyanogenMod's Trebuchet.Use Google Experience Launcher ( GEL ) and set language to English US ( if not on us by default ) and then tick the hotword detection . All the best and hope i helped .

Google Experience Launcher : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-sj...VUU/edit?pli=1
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dompclarke
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I found that you needed to use English (US) for this to work, hopefully will work on other languages at some point...
The Following User Says Thank You to dompclarke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ursa Warrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Oh okay. But why aren't they enabling this on Trebuchet?