[Q] "OK google"

OP Ursa Warrior

12th February 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Hey guys, i am using official cm11 for my GT-i9100. They have released their M-Snapshot build but still i haven't been able to figure out how to activate google now using "ok google". There is a search bar on my homescreen but it doesn't seem to be responding. So unless i go in the google app in the app drawer i can't use ok google to search. Is it just happening on my phone or is it happening on other phones as well?
Please help me. Thanks in advance
12th February 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Samsun
Thanks Meter: 48

239 posts
More
I don't know if there is another way, but when you use google experience launcher (GEL) as your launcher, you will be able to say "ok google" on the launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakura For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 63

298 posts
More
Google Experience Launcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakura

I don't know if there is another way, but when you use google experience launcher (GEL) as your launcher, you will be able to say "ok google" on the launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Warrior

Hey guys, i am using official cm11 for my GT-i9100. They have released their M-Snapshot build but still i haven't been able to figure out how to activate google now using "ok google". There is a search bar on my homescreen but it doesn't seem to be responding. So unless i go in the google app in the app drawer i can't use ok google to search. Is it just happening on my phone or is it happening on other phones as well?
Please help me. Thanks in advance

yes . . @ Ursa Warrior is right . Cause the launcher which come preinstalled in CM11 is CyanogenMod's Trebuchet.Use Google Experience Launcher ( GEL ) and set language to English US ( if not on us by default ) and then tick the hotword detection . All the best and hope i helped .

Google Experience Launcher : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-sj...VUU/edit?pli=1
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
I found that you needed to use English (US) for this to work, hopefully will work on other languages at some point...
The Following User Says Thank You to dompclarke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Oh okay. But why aren't they enabling this on Trebuchet?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread