FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

OTG Mass storage problem

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By massivebanana, Junior Member on 7th July 2014, 10:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Whenever i transfer files from my usb stick to my phone or the other way around i get disconnected at random times. How do you fix this ?
 
 
8th July 2014, 11:45 AM |#2  
Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Post try the following
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivebanana

Whenever i transfer files from my usb stick to my phone or the other way around i get disconnected at random times. How do you fix this ?

you might try out transaction of files via another pd or might try out with another otg cable for the same
there is a possibility of these two things being faulty or incompatible with one another
if the problem still persists then there is slight change with your read/write permissions to the folders/files
might try out the above and let me know



hit thanks if i solved your query
8th July 2014, 08:42 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitarora27

you might try out transaction of files via another pd or might try out with another otg cable for the same
there is a possibility of these two things being faulty or incompatible with one another
if the problem still persists then there is slight change with your read/write permissions to the folders/files
might try out the above and let me know



hit thanks if i solved your query

pd ?, and how can it be the OTG cable fault, its an normal cable ? How do i change/check the read/write permissions ?
10th July 2014, 08:41 PM |#4  
Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivebanana

pd ?, and how can it be the OTG cable fault, its an normal cable ? How do i change/check the read/write permissions ?

just a bit confused here.
are you copying files from your pd (pen drive) to your phone via a otg(on the go) cable. or are you interpreting the data transaction with a pc.
also would like to know if your phone is rooted and are running a rom /kernel?

happy to help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th July 2014, 01:37 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitarora27

just a bit confused here.
are you copying files from your pd (pen drive) to your phone via a otg(on the go) cable. or are you interpreting the data transaction with a pc.
also would like to know if your phone is rooted and are running a rom /kernel?

happy to help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well apparently it started working, its only disconecting if i transfer files with the help of ES file explorer, if i use the default "browser" it works.
13th July 2014, 03:23 PM |#6  
Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivebanana

Well apparently it started working, its only disconecting if i transfer files with the help of ES file explorer, if i use the default "browser" it works.

default file manager works
its great to hear that
u can change the es file explorer and make it work by enabling the setting called root explorer

let me know if it works in es explorer as well

hit that thanks meter and tell i helped you happy to help.
B)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes