Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Re Partition IntSD

Tip us?
 
Klaus20
Old
(Last edited by Klaus20; 28th January 2014 at 09:05 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 73
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Re Partition IntSD

I tried to repartition the intSD but I am unfortunately failed.
The Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8947&nocache=1

May way
1) Run Odin 1.85, put your phone in to download mode (vol down/home/power button) and connect to PC via USB
2) Tick re-partition box
3) Click PIT button and select the pit file of your desired app partition size. (4GB)
4b) OR Flash your persnonal choice of kernel in *.tar format and pit file, reboot to CWM ( power button/vol up/home button) and install new rom or restore nandroid and boot as normal and skip to number 9 in this guide
9) When your phone boots, you may get a notification to format usb storage, so yes if prompted! If not then please follow Dorimanx's advice of fixing the partition format by:

4b of your guide mit Dorimanx. After restore and reboot --> delete intSD --> but the rest of the SD is not available.

Second attempt
Guide 1,2,3 (between 1 and 12GB) and 4a, 5-8 of your guide. reboot --> The new partition is OK but rest of the SD is not available.

Error messages:
Can't mount "data" (Invalid argument)
Anyway if I make the partition 1 or 12GB ( I have only space in the new partition but not more)
Dorimanx Kernel --> mount /storage/sdcard0 -->Error mounting /storage/sdcard0!

Do have any Idea how i can mount/format sdcard0

Regards Klaus

P.S.: Sorry for my English
 
Hopper8
Old
#2  
Hopper8's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2154
Posts: 1,762
Join Date: Sep 2012
@metalgearhathaway, do you want to have a look here mate? I figure you'd be the one to know what's going on here

Sent from a galaxy far, far away
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Klaus20
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 73
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper8 View Post
@metalgearhathaway, do you want to have a look here mate? I figure you'd be the one to know what's going on here

Sent from a galaxy far, far away
@Hopper8,
thanks for your Answer.
Is it possible that you give my contribution to "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2538947&page=36" ??
Maybe someone has similar problems.

I cant write because I have unfortunately no write authorization.

Regards Klaus
 
Hopper8
Old
#4  
Hopper8's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2154
Posts: 1,762
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus20 View Post
@Hopper8,
thanks for your Answer.
Is it possible that you give my contribution to "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2538947&page=36" ??
Maybe someone has similar problems.

I cant write because I have unfortunately no write authorization.

Regards Klaus
You only need two more posts to be able to post in that thread mate... maybe see if you can answer someone else's question on Q&A, (even post a photo to the 'best photo you've taken' thread or something) I think you'll be much better off talking for yourself, as I don't know the ins and outs of your situation. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Klaus20
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 73
Join Date: Nov 2013
Thank you for your explanation.
 
metalgearhathaway
Old
#6  
metalgearhathaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1848
Posts: 1,909
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cookley

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus20 View Post
I tried to repartition the intSD but I am unfortunately failed.
The Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8947&nocache=1

May way
1) Run Odin 1.85, put your phone in to download mode (vol down/home/power button) and connect to PC via USB
2) Tick re-partition box
3) Click PIT button and select the pit file of your desired app partition size. (4GB)
4b) OR Flash your persnonal choice of kernel in *.tar format and pit file, reboot to CWM ( power button/vol up/home button) and install new rom or restore nandroid and boot as normal and skip to number 9 in this guide
9) When your phone boots, you may get a notification to format usb storage, so yes if prompted! If not then please follow Dorimanx's advice of fixing the partition format by:

4b of your guide mit Dorimanx. After restore and reboot --> delete intSD --> but the rest of the SD is not available.

Second attempt
Guide 1,2,3 (between 1 and 12GB) and 4a, 5-8 of your guide. reboot --> The new partition is OK but rest of the SD is not available.

Error messages:
Can't mount "data" (Invalid argument)
Anyway if I make the partition 1 or 12GB ( I have only space in the new partition but not more)
Dorimanx Kernel --> mount /storage/sdcard0 -->Error mounting /storage/sdcard0!

Do have any Idea how i can mount/format sdcard0

Regards Klaus

P.S.: Sorry for my English
Sorry dude, I've been away on holiday, the issue you had maybe the version of twrp or cwm that you have installed or the fact that you need to connect your phone to you pc as mass storage then allow windows to format the partition for you.

Post back if you still need help, I am now around more!
Phone: i9300 / Rom:NeatRom 4.3 / Kernel:Boeffla 5.3
Gov: Ondemand / IO:Noop
CPU:1.6ghz / GPU: 700mhz

My Boeffla Profiles:
Sammy Ondemand v3 - http://tinyurl.com/mghsammyv3
CM Ondemand v2 - http://tinyurl.com/majbflx

My Stock Optimisation Guide: http://tinyurl.com/l5kr57l


The Following User Says Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes