Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Philz-CWM / Odin issues

Tip us?
 
Myrmid0n
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default [Q] Philz-CWM / Odin issues

Hey guys
Could need some quick assistanse getting CWM running.

I decided to get Omni KK running on my SGS2 i9100 to see if i can get a bit of fresh feeling to the old thingy.

I downloaded:
philz_touch_6.07.9-i9100.tar.md5

Boot the Phone into Download Mode.
Start Odin
Add the tar.md5 file to the PDA.
auto reboot and f.reset time is checked just as Philz thread says.

<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


Odin seems to fail to flash the file and i seriusly got no clue what the issue could be.
The phone is rooted, runs busybox, i did the EFS backup through ADB. So everything seems to be working fine except this part.
And unfortantly i cant install the zip file through Android 3e recovery and twrp from app-store says that the SGS2 is not supported.

Seriusly need a quick fix for this lil n00b issue i cant figure out.
 
ryderpavan
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Why not Zip FIle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmid0n View Post
Hey guys
Could need some quick assistanse getting CWM running.

I decided to get Omni KK running on my SGS2 i9100 to see if i can get a bit of fresh feeling to the old thingy.

I downloaded:
philz_touch_6.07.9-i9100.tar.md5

Boot the Phone into Download Mode.
Start Odin
Add the tar.md5 file to the PDA.
auto reboot and f.reset time is checked just as Philz thread says.

<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


Odin seems to fail to flash the file and i seriusly got no clue what the issue could be.
The phone is rooted, runs busybox, i did the EFS backup through ADB. So everything seems to be working fine except this part.
And unfortantly i cant install the zip file through Android 3e recovery and twrp from app-store says that the SGS2 is not supported.

Seriusly need a quick fix for this lil n00b issue i cant figure out.
\



Why cant you install through Zip File??

Search for the file on d-h.st and install it!!
 
Myrmid0n
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
When trying to install the zip it gives an sideload error 7.
Also it says the file is for Gt-i9100, i9100, i9100g etc, you model is .

Just a "." Not my actual modelnumber which indeed is i9100.

Im running latest stock btw, if thats the issue here.

The url u mentioned.. anyone able to find the correct cwm neesws if i've chosen the wrong one ?
 
Myrmid0n
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
When trying to install the zip it gives an sideload error 7.
Also it says the file is for Gt-i9100, i9100, i9100g etc, you model is .

Just a "." Not my actual modelnumber which indeed is i9100.

Im running latest stock btw, if thats the issue here.

The url u mentioned.. anyone able to find the correct cwm neesws if i've chosen the wrong one ?[/QUOTE]
 
Vivek_Neel
Old
#5  
Vivek_Neel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18401
Posts: 7,047
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmid0n View Post
When trying to install the zip it gives an sideload error 7.
Also it says the file is for Gt-i9100, i9100, i9100g etc, you model is .

Just a "." Not my actual modelnumber which indeed is i9100.

Im running latest stock btw, if thats the issue here.

The url u mentioned.. anyone able to find the correct cwm neesws if i've chosen the wrong one ?
Remove the line which has assert in updater script and then try flashing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Myrmid0n
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptionfreeindia View Post
Remove the line which has assert in updater script and then try flashing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Worked with Odin after i found a new cwm file.
An older version, but good nuff to be able to install KitKat.

galaxys2root.com/cwmtwrp-recovery/
 
Vivek_Neel
Old
#7  
Vivek_Neel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18401
Posts: 7,047
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmid0n View Post
Worked with Odin after i found a new cwm file.
An older version, but good nuff to be able to install KitKat.

galaxys2root.com/cwmtwrp-recovery/
Hmm.

Add solved to your thread then

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Fadil56
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2013
same problem here ... i also got error like this ...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more

Galaxy Photo Screen Lock Displays a Photo Slideshow on Your Lock Screen

Being the most often looked at part of our devices UI, the lock … more

Boost the LG G3 Speaker and Headphone Volume

It seems like OEMs are stepping up their game, with regards to thequality of their devices sound … more