Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone (almost) dead. D/L Mode only....

Tip us?

TheAsker70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone (almost) dead. D/L Mode only....

Hi all,

I tried to charge my GS2S and it went dead. Well, almost.

It's stuck on the welcome screen. Won't go to Recovery Mode, but still goes to Download Mode.

I've followed the instructions on TheAndroidSoul about how to install the CWM Recovery for this phone (can't post a link it seems) but got a "failed" result. I've tried three times at least and I get "failed" again and again.

Any idea what could be wrong and how do I get around it?

Thanks in advance!

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 10th March 2014 at 09:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,206
Get stock firmware for country/carrier from Samfirmware (not 4.0.4 if you intend to root your phone in the future), flash with Odin in download mode. How ? Thread stickied near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware' has instructions. Problems with Odin flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General section has all the info you need to get a successful Odin flash & a 'clean slate'.

As to how instructions on another site will/won't work, no idea & won't be looking at those.. Not interested in what's on other sites given most of the info found on them has probably been posted here in the first instance anyway. You don't need other sites when you have a resource like this one at your disposal.

Once you're back at stock, you can then re-root your phone & flash whatever custom rom/kernel you want again (maybe not do that until you're totally comfortable with whatever process you need to use first).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,809
Duplicate ...go here ...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2676381