Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone doesn't mount sd cards

Tip us?

nickname_marco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default phone doesn't mount sd cards

i am not sure whats going on with my galaxy, but it doesn't mount memory partitions; right now i am using checkrom V6 + siyah kernel. i had this SAME problem with vk rom, so i exclude it's anything rom related, like a bad rom or what.
i shall say that both these roms are XWLA4 based, and i never ever experienced the same issue with every other rom i used before XWLA4 came out.

it just happens randomly; i installed the whole system, removed a few apps, installed a few others, used the phone for some days with various reboots and all was good.
all of a sudden, after booting there are no memory partitions mounted, none of them -internal and external-

doing a cache + dalvik cache wipe doesn't help; after wiping, system mounts memory partitions correctly but the following boot messes everything again.

flashed again siyah 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 - didn't help.

when booting in recovery, i can browse memory partitions without any problem, which leads me to exclude any hardware failure.

help needed, please.
N4

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
Unless its on stock rom its probably not hardware .

If you are using ICS based rom its a rom built on a leaked buggy test rom problems are part of beta .

Full wipe and install of official stock rom with custom rom counter zeroed and it is back under warranty .

jje

nickname_marco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
well, XWLA4 means it is based on official samsung build, so it's no beta ics thing.

what do you mean by "install of official stock rom" ? do you mean official samsung release without any root?

it seems that waiting a few secs after phone boots resolves it, although i am almost sure i tried waiting some other times but it didn't help..
N4

lelex79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi,

Did you try to use another SD card? Maybe it's "just" a card issue...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
v6

v1.4x

Phone: GT-I9100
MODEM:XXKI3
Jkay v13.6.4

nickname_marco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
uhm no, i didn't try using another sd card, it's just that when phone doesn't mount memories, it doesn't mount both internal and external ones, so i am confident it's not an issue of the micro sd car; it should be something on the software side..

at the moment, waiting a few seconds after phone boot resolves it.

well, thank you both for your replies.
N4